Lost- series 5 *Spoilers alert.*

Ben

Lost is an American serial drama television series. It follows the lives of plane crash survivors on a mysterious tropical island, after a commercial passenger jet flying between Sydney, Australia and Los Angeles, United States crashes somewhere in the South Pacific. Each episode typically features a primary storyline on the island as well as a secondary storyline from another point in a character's life. The series was created by Damon Lindelof, J. J. Abrams and Jeffrey Lieber, and is filmed primarily on location in Oahu, Hawaii. The pilot episode was first broadcast on September 22, 2004. Since then, four seasons have aired. The series is produced by ABC Studios, Bad Robot Productions and Grass Skirt Productions and airs on the ABC Network in the United States. Its soundtrack is composed by Michael Giacchino. The current executive producers are Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender and Carlton Cuse. Due to its large ensemble cast and the cost of filming in Hawaii, the series is one of the most expensive on television.

The fifth series commences on the 21st of January (Or so I've been told, correct me if I'm wrong.)

I'm looking forward to it, do we have any Lost fans amongst us?! ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i watched about 12 episodes of the first series its just not for me, i love american tv and thought i would love lost but i just didnt.

Shame you didn't enjoy it, I love the series. Is it because you found it complicated to get into?

i wouldnt say it was that, i just didnt like it it was all too far fetched for me, although i love 24 and most people would say the same about that lol

I enjoyed 24 when I started watching the first series at my Aunties. But I don't have them myself so haven't really watched anymore than that.

i just think the Americans do TV much better than we do, all we seem to have are endless "reality" shows and soaps, they have things like

The West Wing

The Sopranos

Prison Break

Six Feet Under

Rescue Me

and so on

the only thing i think we have done that even comes close in the last few years was Life On Mars

Ben, we already have a thread for series 3 (part 2!) and series 4, so I've edited this thread so we can discuss series 5.

Can I ask that those in the US use spoiler tags, but once it's been broadcast in the UK, there's no need.

I did look. :lol::) To be fair, series 4 thread hasn't been posted in since June, so that was easy to over-look. ;)

* Sticks hand up *

I love this show and can't wait for the new series!

Me neither! Do you think Locke's dead? It's a shame.. I think he is but I wonder how he died.

I watched the first series of this show and thats it. I thought it didn't get anywhere and didn't find it interesting enough to keep me watching! Sorry ;) I guess its like marmite! :)

Yes! It is exactly like that. :lol:

The fifth series commences on the 21st of January (Or so I've been told, correct me if I'm wrong.)

I'm looking forward to it, do we have any Lost fans amongst us?! ;)

I love Lost too!

But it doesn't start back until the 25th of Jan, which is next Sunday :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have Sky so will have to rely on my Mum being able to operate the recorder on her own!!! :)

It starts on the 21st in the US.. we have to wait a few days for it. Anyhow, as this is now a 'series 5' thread, who is looking forward it? I have to admit that I prefer the earlier ones, but I'm still rather excited! :lol:

I'm definitely looking forward to it! I'll be watching it on the 25th. ;) What does everyone think is going to happen regarding them getting back to the island. I was amazingly shocked that Claire was related to Jack! :) And does everyone think that Locke is dead? And if so how?

As much as I love Lost, I've just lost interest in it now (no pun intended). I don't have a great memory so this whole stringing it out for 5 years lark, really wasn't the best idea for me.

I have a real problem getting my head around time travel too, so it's just not working for me any more.

I am still watching although a little half heartedly.

I finally finished my S4 rewatch last night and have just seen the first two episodes of Season 5. Although I admit the whole time travel thing is a little weird, I still love this show. Oh and how cool was it when (not sure whether it's okay to discuss this without the spoiler tags or not so to be safe I'll use them) ...

Ana-Lucia stopped Hurley. That was kind of cool!

I'm not keen on the time travel side of things, but then I guess in a long show you're bound to get things like that.. and I actually preferred the way that it was presented in the start of series 5.

There's still something about it I just love.. it was so nice to have it back on a Sunday evening. :blush:

This just made me laugh on one of the lost forums..

I actually think this is when the worst happens.

I think it's some sort of space time continuum situation.

If they meet together, it might be an armageddon.

At which point the Tardis will materialize on the island and the Doctor will jump in to prevent a catastrophic paradox. Shortly thereafter we'll find out the entire island was an alien time-travel experiment gone amuck and the Daleks will appear to exterminate all the remaining survivors.

Don't know about you, but I'd watch that one.

Looking forward to episode 3 tomorrow night - after 1 and 2 - I'm as confused as ever!!! What's going on!!! ....was nice to see old friends though, have missed Hurley and Sawyer being on my tv :( ...karen, it was a great moment with Anna Lucia!!! a real lean forward in your chair moment. Don't know what the who is going on though!!