Most Haunted Live

Bronwen

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New series starts Saturday 9th Jan, 9pm Living TV. Can't wait! :)

Oooooh thanks for that! I will be watching that.

Any ideas on when the next live will be seen the advert and it looks very interesting, but seen no confirmed dates just the 'coming Soon'.

Oooooh thanks for that! I will be watching that.

Any ideas on when the next live will be seen the advert and it looks very interesting, but seen no confirmed dates just the 'coming Soon'.

That's what this thread is. Saturday! :)

Has anyone seen the adverts on Living about the new series? Two hours live every Saturday night.... looks great :)

Last nights MHL was very boring. Nothing really happened and I went to bed by 11pm. Tonight has been marginally better. The Morse code is quite interesting.

I've seen the adverts and it does sound interesting :)

I missed last nights as I was poorly, I recorded it but my sky+box has been replaced this morning so I've lost it! Hopefully I'll be up to watching tonights installment.

• 1 month later...

I suppose it's linked to the horror/sci fi section but in a more general way I thought I would discuss here. I and my wife and our youngest 12 year old have become hooked on the above series, I am not a religious person but watching this series has made me think about existence and things that go bump in the night. The sceptics amongst us will say the programme is staged...but I am not so sure :roll: On June 24th I am going to see the show live at the Bristol Hippodrone i'm in the front seat so when they ask for a volunteer I will be first on stage.....what do you think?

I'm one of the sceptics :) I watch the show purely for the entertainment factor, and because I love Yvette Fielding. Personally, I believe that the programme is staged (:):) ) and I hate the mediums that they have (mainly because of Derek Acorah).

That being said, I would still love to go to a live show and hope you have a good time, and get chosen as a volunteer :roll:.

Won't you be scared? Eeeeek!

A friend of mine spent the night at a castle in Northumberland (I'll have to double check which one) with Derek Achora. She said it was brilliant and terrifying but she raised quite a bit of money for charity so the extra grey hair was worth it :roll:

I really like Most Haunted, I have a couple of boxsets. I know that some of it is staged, it has to be, ghosts are very rarely caught on camera, especially on a tv show, I mean, what would be the odds of activity caught at every single location? Would be a bit funny. I love the show more for it's dedication and appreciation of the background to the locations that they visit and the atmosphere that the show undoubtedly portrays.

The sites and stories are real, the mediums are professional (though evidently made to fabricate some things to increase tension - Derek was shown to have faked a story once) and the show does have a genuine interest in the paranormal, even if it does dumb things down a lot for a target audience. I think it lost a lot of it's essence when Derek left however.

I particularly like Hellfire Caves and I think the Aldwych London Underground one.

I plan to visit there if I do move to London in a couple of years :roll:

When I was a kid, me and my mum were in a car park and we saw Yvette coming out of a car next to us :)

And I do think Acorah looked a little like a confused, partially sunburnt scouse ostrich though.

Edited by Rawr

Have seen this a couple of times and thought it was quite funny. Derek channeling a monkey was one of the funniest things shown on TV. Yvette screaming because she had seen a hideous apparition which turned out to be a mirror was also another highlight.