Shaun Hutson

BrainFreeze

Has anyone read any of his work?

As you'd expect for a horror writer, he's pretty graphic, but I don't think overtly so. He's quite blunt and to the point, so you need less imagination with him than some horror writers who go into greater detail but in a gentler way.

There were two of his books that I found quite hard to read; Spawn and another that I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. It was the subject matter that I found hard going but they were still very readable.

So, is anyone else a fan?

I used to read loads of his a good few years ago. My favourite one was 'Erebus' ... it scared the c*** outta me, and I hated being in the house on my own! :D They do tend to be a bit 'samey' but if you like that sort of thing then you know you won't be disappointed! :D

Edited by Charm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have 5 Shaun Hutson books what I would like to know is to you have to read them in order?

This is the books that I have:~

Nemesis

Deadhead

Captives

Exit Wounds

Warhol's Prophecy

Edited by Heather
found another book

I don't think so burghead lass. If I remember correctly, any books of his I read were all stand alone novels. I don't think he wrote a series as such, mind you he might have done since I read his stuff but I believe the ones you have are all individual stories. :)

I have 5 Shaun Hutson books what I would like to know is to you have to read them in order?

This is the books that I have:~

Nemesis

Deadhead

Captives

Exit Wounds

Warhol's Prophecy

I'm pretty sure they're all stand alone novels - as Charm said, I don't think he's ever done a series. Not to my knowledge anyway.