Kelley Armstrong..For girls only?

Jack Dawkins

Guest ProzacKitteh

Exit Strategy is great, one of my favourites :D

I don't know any lads that are into the Otherworld series, but I do know a shedload of lasses who love it. I guess it's similar to say Buffy & Charmed in terms of target audience really. Now my husband is a secret Charmed fan, and I'll bet there are plenty of others out there, lol.

My initial response would be that the series is pretty female oriented, but that doesn't stop there being plenty in there for a fella to enjoy I'm sure ;) I like my Wilbur Smiths and my Sharpe's so I don't see how a little trans-expected-gender book hopping ever does any harm :)

Well, it's multiple POV and one of the characters is Hope (who is in Personal Demon, so you've been introduced to her already) and also Karl Marsden (who has appeared off and on throughout the series). I'm about halfway through and if I had more reading time I'd have whizzed through it as it's excellent stuff!

I've only read Bitten, but I liked it and will continue reading the series. And I personally don't think you have to care about if you aren't in the target group- for a book or for anything really, it only makes you not try stuff that you might like.

Edited by SaraPepparkaka
edited for spelling

• 1 month later...

I can't see why a guy wouldn't like them, but I'm not a guy. I truly believe these are a good reading for everyone.

My first encounter with K. Armstrong was with "Haunted" and I was won by it. Too bad it wasn't the first book of the series, because it had spoilers for the previews books.:D

I follow her books religiously, now, and have them all. She also writes a lot, which is great. I don't have to wait forever until a new book comes out.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you enjoying it Dan? I really liked Bitten, but the series does get better, as Bitten was initially a stand alone book :)

I'm honestly not sure. I have enjoyed it, but I don't think I have connected as well with the characters as I have with a lot of the other books I have read recently. I will give the second book a go and then decide whether to proceed with the rest of the series from there I think.

• 4 weeks later...