Isn't the festive period great!

Tintin

For books at least.

Think about it - other people buy your books and you have loads of free time to settle down to read them. So far I've finished the Vampire Chronicles, (the last 2), listened to Carl Sagan's 'Contact', read Piers Anthony's 'On A Pale Horse', Yann Martell's 'Life of Pi' and I've just started one of the generic Asda/Tesco pulp books called Pharaoh by Valerio Manfredi (who is apparently going to show Dan Brown how it's done).

I could get used to this life :roll:

How's everyone else getting on with the Xmas reading?

Fantastic way to spend your time isn't it? I might switch my life round and have 5 weeks work with 47 vacation. Think they'd go for that?

Wouldn't that be grand! Good luck with it, though! :roll:

Yes this is a great time of the year its true, but spare a thought for the lady/man in the kitchen doing all the cooking won't you lol:mrgreen:

Here here! I haven't stopped all holidays! Cleaning, cooking, entertaining then doing the same all over again for the next round! Any reading I get done these days is a quick 10 mins before my eyes close in bed :blush:

Oh well ... you have to love it though don't ya :lol:

Btw nice to see ya back stranger! xo :roll:

I was off for a total of 9 days over Christmas and then another 4 over the new year and I was hoping to get lots of reading done but to be honest with you I've only managed two books. I was ill prior and over Christmas so spent a few days in bed feeling like I was dying and reading was the last thing on my mind and I've had a few other things on my mind since so over all it's been disappointing from a reading perspective.

I have had two weeks off over Christmas but have bearly read anything...I have either been really busy, had people staying over and/or visiting or since Boxing Day playing on my new DS. :roll:

I am squeezing in about half a hour/a hour in bed but that's it....

I only had one day off during the holiday period (apart from the public holidays and weekend). I wish I'd had a good solid chunk of time to spend at home though. I'm thinking of taking a week off next month so I can veg out and do nothing but read! :roll: