Favourite recipe?

lexiepiper

I have a few!

Peanut butter cookies (these are now being rationed as I am down to my last 2kg container of peanut butter from home & won't be getting a re-supply before April)

Scottish Chocolate Cake introduced to my family from a Glaswegian friend of ours - great chocolate cake, the best I have ever tasted!

James Martin's Chocolate Cola Cake sounds strange, but definately must be tried! Very decedent.

non baking, my favourite thing to make is chicken satay or my fish pie, or meatloaf with dauphinoise potatoes, or cabbage rolls, or Thai green curry!

One of my favourite recipes (because its yummy and very easy) is meatballs.

The meatballs are minced beef (about 300g for two people) with roughly ground fennel seeds and grated fresh ginger (1 tsp) rubbed into it). Fry (soften) a small finely chopped onion in a little sunflower oil in a saucepan, add some passata (enough to cook the meatballs in), a tablespoon of mild curry powder and a teaspoon of turmeric. Add the walnut sized meatballs and cook gently for about 20 mins. Drizzle over a little yoghurt and mint leaves and serve with rice, or pitta breads.

Edited by ~Andrea~
ETA: That should be grated fresh ginger, not powdered

2 of my favourites are mushroom stroganoff and stuffed courgettes:

For mushroom stroganoff (serves 2) you will need a carton of chestnut mushrooms, a few white mushrooms, an onion, single (or soya) cream, about half a glass of white wine, half a mug of vegetable stock and chopped dill (fresh or dried).

Chop the mushrooms and onion and fry in a little olive oil.

Add vegetable stock, cream and wine and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Then sprinkle liberally with dill. Serve with basmati rice and vegetables of your choice.

Stuffed Courgettes (again for 2)

You will need 2 large courgettes

cherry tomatoes

black olives

goats cheese

Slice ends off courgettes and slice in half lenghtways. Scoop out flesh with a spoon and discard. Stuff with cherry tomatoes, and black olives, top with goats cheese and bake at 200 degrees for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with basmati rice and corn cobs with lots of butter.

Bon apettite ! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I have a few!

Scottish Chocolate Cake introduced to my family from a Glaswegian friend of ours - great chocolate cake, the best I have ever tasted!

Why is it called Scottish Chocolate Cake and why do I not know about this!!!!:P

Mine is really simple (I'm a maximum 3-step cook chef!) but is really yummy when you want a nice, light dessert. :P

Take an apple and cut in bite-sized pieces.. Sprinkle with cinnamon and TruVia (stevia) (or regular sugar if you wish!) and microwave for about 15 seconds.

The apple gets all warm and the TruVia and cinnamon sort of "melt" into the apple.. yummy!

This is a Jamie Oliver type way of doing roast veges.

Take any veges suitable for roasting ...potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, parsnip etc. Chop into smallish sized pieces, cook in salted water until cooked. Heat some oil in a roasting pan in the oven. Drain veges and leave to steam dry for a minute or so. Give them a bit of a shake in the pot to roughen up the edges (this makes them nice and crispy when they are cooked) Toss into the hot oil and sprinkle with plenty of fresh rosemary. You can add oinion cut in quarters at this stage too. Bake at 200C for about an hour, turning them a few times.

• 3 weeks later...