The Tales Of Beedle The Bard By JK Rowling

Nellie

Ugh. My mother brought the original Harry Pothead book home to me when it first came out, and I read it, hated it and said, 'call me when the movie gets made so I can say 'I told you so.''

I just..... can't stand things with silly names. I like His Dark Materials - sensible names. I like the Abhorsen trilogy - sensible names. I like the Coldfire Trilogy - sensible names. But I'm afraid when humans start being called muggles and squibs, I put the book back on the shelf.

EDIT: Having said that, this book is very pretty and would look nice on my bookshelf. Ms. Rowling may get my money yet.

I bought the book (small hardcover - not utterly gorgeous binding), and I read it with

interest.

This little book felt like the efforts of someone feeling as though she no longer has to really try. The depth of the stories was ok, akin to 'muggle' fairy tale books, but the footnotes by Dumbledore were disappointing.

I felt JKR could have brought the reader real insights and intellectual stimulation with them, but didn't bother.

Yes, they are worth buying as the proceeds go to charity, but perhaps buy and read

in time, don't race to read!

I personally feel it would be a tragedy of a wonderful inventive, creative brain if she failed to write anything more on Harry Potter.

There are so many 'off shoots' she could do involving the main characters. Granted in the last Potter book there was an additional 'what happened next' by her adding a few years later etc but I really can't imagine how Harry Potter who has been such a huge part for the majority of her life can just be laid to rest.

I think the media pressure for her to finish the last 3 books put her off writing for a while. I can see her quietly writing something without anyone knowing and in about 5 years or so will suddenly publish another fantastic book.

I personally feel it would be a tragedy of a wonderful inventive, creative brain if she failed to write anything more on Harry Potter.

Well, we would certainly love to hear more about the magical world and I'm sure she has more than enough material to write a wonderful encyclopedia... But sequels for the sake of sequels aren't a good idea either. If she doesnt feel she has more to tell it would be a shame to force it.

And I'm sure her talent for writing could bring us other great books in completely different areas. I'd love to see what else she could invent!

I quite liked it - a rather delightful collection of fables from Rowling's wizarding world, complete with the notes of Dumbledore on each. A lovely addition to the collection of any Rowling fan. It's a very quick, but very entertaining and enjoyable read.

I cant belive I still havent bought or read these and am not really bothered by it! I was so excited and impatient for every HP book and now this barely interests me :D

Yep, I'm exactly the same!! I'm just not interested in buying it, I don't know why. Anyone who's read it, is it actually good?