Tig's 09 list

Tiger

I know it's got a few days left, but if I don't do it now, I'll probably forget!:lol:

Currently reading:

The Autobiorgraphy of Henry VIII byMargaret George

To Be Read:

Luuurve Is A Many-Trousered Thing by Louise Rennison

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory

The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory

The Lady ELizabeth by Alison Weir

Wishlist (to be bought):

Waves by Sharon Dogar

Read:

Dreams That Glitter: Our Story by Girls Aloud

Haunted Places of Kent by Rupert Matthews

Total:

I aim for 50 books in 09. :)

Edited by Tiger

Ooh haven't heard of that Henry VIII one before, that has now been added to my wishlist!

Oh do get it - it's an excellent read. I promise that you may even end up liking and maybe even feeling sorry for Henry as it attempts to put his version of events forward

• 2 weeks later...

From the library, only got one book out. Haunted Places of Kent by Rupert Matthews includes some cases very very close to where I live, like Dover Castle and a village called Oxney Bottom which includes a very scary ghost called the Grey Lady who haunts a roadside. Scary- at the end of Year Six, I stayed in a manor literally next door to there!

Anyway, should keep me busy.

I remember once having a book about Scottish hauntings and the ones in Aberdeen were the most chilling because I knew the places. Enjoy your ghosties, Tig!

I remember once having a book about Scottish hauntings and the ones in Aberdeen were the most chilling because I knew the places. Enjoy your ghosties, Tig!

Thanks Kell. I think the scarier ones are when you know the place, but haven't realised about the ghosts until you've read a ghost book! :hide:I'd heard about the Grey Lady before as a rumour at school, but when I read it and realised it was just down the road from where I stayed in my last week at primary school, I realised, "Oh my God". Now, whenever we're dropping the kittens off at the kennels or doing something else along that road, I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled. Same goes for Dover Castle, even though Angel and I have both felt something there already in the past.

I have to confess that I don't read a lot of horror. I enjoy when I do though, just leaves me looking over my shoulder. :lol:

LOL, same here, I don't think I'm gonna sleep after reading this!:D

Anyway, what I've looked at is quite good. Hever Castle- I never knew that was haunted (I've been there twice)

Edited by Tiger

I've read Haunted Places of Kent- I'll probably read it again in the time I've got it.

With spooky black and white photos, this was published in 2004 and the author went into thorough-research, looking around Kent and interviewing several people. It includes castles like Rochester, Dover and Hever, lots of pubs, and the most haunted village in England, Pluckley. Also includes cases like the Headless Drummer Boy in the battlements of Dover Castle, The Lady in Red in the Keep of Dover Castle, Anne Boleyn at Hever Castle and the Grey Lady of Oxney Bottom.

Really a good guide for Kentish people interested in the paranormal.

My Rating: 8.5/10

Oh yeah, I'm still on the Henry VIII book

Edited by Tiger