Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

BookBee8

I agree, Dan! I think they're written very differently but Noughts & Crosses and Twilight do have a similar appeal. For me, it might have been the whole tragic romance and characters falling in love from different 'worlds'.

:blush:

Yeah, it is funny but before I read Twilight I had no idea I liked this particular genre. To be honest I wasn't particularly impressed with the writing in Twilight but I guess the story just kind of made up for it. I thought Noughts and Crosses was a much more complete book.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have no idea how glad I am that you joined this forum! :) I've been all alone with my love for this series. Now we can recommend it together! :D

Yeah I am pretty obsessed. I was annoyed at having to go to work today because I wanted to finish it. The other two arrived yesterday too so it is even more painful. I can't believe how good the second book is. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the first but I am through 220 pages of it now and so far I would have to say it is as good if not better.

Yeah I am pretty obsessed. I was annoyed at having to go to work today because I wanted to finish it. The other two arrived yesterday too so it is even more painful. I can't believe how good the second book is. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as the first but I am through 220 pages of it now and so far I would have to say it is as good if not better.

Argh, I know that feeling when you just want to read but you have to be somewhere else! Luckily, I managed to read the last one, Double Cross, in a day at the weekend so it didn't interfere with anything :D.

I personally like the first one the best but the other three (or four in my case) are all so good.

I'm so excited that so many people are going to read them. :lol:

Oh my days!! I almost forgot!! I was in Specsavers today and there was this woman on the phone. She was talking really loudly and so I couldn't help but overhear most of what she was saying. She mentioned Noughts & Crosses and was mostly talking about theatre and agents. I figured she was a theatre actress of some sort. Turns out, she played Minerva (Sephy's sister) in the official play production of Noughts & Crosses! How cool is that. :D

Argh, I know that feeling when you just want to read but you have to be somewhere else! Luckily, I managed to read the last one, Double Cross, in a day at the weekend so it didn't interfere with anything :D.

I personally like the first one the best but the other three (or four in my case) are all so good.

I'm so excited that so many people are going to read them. :lol:

Oh my days!! I almost forgot!! I was in Specsavers today and there was this woman on the phone. She was talking really loudly and so I couldn't help but overhear most of what she was saying. She mentioned Noughts & Crosses and was mostly talking about theatre and agents. I figured she was a theatre actress of some sort. Turns out, she played Minerva (Sephy's sister) in the official play production of Noughts & Crosses! How cool is that. :D

I really would like to see that. Too bad it came a year late for me. I was holidaying in the UK and Europe in late 07/early 08 with my girlfriend. I hope they manage to do the book justice.

Best of the three! But I ADORED the first. I can't see how they can be better. :lol:

I thought so. I loved the first one as well, it was my favourite book prior to Checkmate.

I don't know, if I read the first again maybe I would change my mind. I only just finished Checkmate so the attachment is strong. It is an incredible book though, a fantastic trilogy. You need to read the second and third novels ASAP.