The Colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett

Kate

Synopsis from Amazon:

It is fantasy? No - it's a different and more eccentric reality, where the world is flat and moves through space on the back of a giant turtle, Death stalks glumly about his duties, and dragons only exist if you believe in them. And your luggage follows you around on hundreds of little legs...

Follow Twoflower the na

I bought this and the next in the series for my teenage son for Christmas and by the sounds of your review its going to be right up his street! :)

(Think I might actually give it a go myself when he's finished with it :D)

Personally, I think The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic are Pratchett's weakest Discworld books

I agree, they are my least favourites (but they're still good!). Mort was the first Pratchett I read. I remember laughing out loud as I read the line "he was eating a meat pie with no regards to personal safety". (That might be slightly wrong, but it stuck with me...)

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that I had quite a typical start on the Pratchett series. I also started with The Colours of Magic, went on with The Light Fantasticand then went on to Mort. I've read some more in the meantime but I have to say that I still love The Colours of Magic. May be this is because it's the book that hooked me. I even re-read it and enjoyed it more than the first time I read it because I took my time for laughing about all the puns and great one-liners. I really love the little imp and his nagging when he is running out of ink :lol:

And I also liked Death very much which is why I read Mort. I just loved it and cannot wait reading the next book in this row. So far, the little imp and Mort are my absolute favourites but as I do not know all yet, this might of course change...:roll: