Any suggestions/recommendations for a novice??

sajid78

Thanks for all the new suggestions, I will definitely be reading Catch-22 in the near future, seems very interesting.

Just got back from the Library, plan to read Animal Farm over the weekend, and then start Lord of the Flies on Monday........

So many books, so little time!!!

Hi Sajid,

I like the choices you've been making. You're off to an excellent start and, like Andy said, you're setting a high standard for yourself! I'll also agree with Andy on Catch-22. A brilliant book, and I think you'll like it.

I love Murukami, but it's not really stuff that's easy to access, I think.

True, though I believe that some are more accessible than others - I've heard Norwegian Wood is pretty main stream, for example. I started with After Dark, and enjoyed it, even though I'm still not sure what was going on some of the time! The characters he writes are so well defined; they just walk straight off the page.

Norwegian Wood is more traditional, and straight-up. It's good but not very Murukami. After Dark was interesting because so little happened, really. I've just finished reading his book about running, which was an odd little thing, although I'm not sure I'd recommend it unless you're a marathon runner. My favourites are Wind-Up Bird and Wild Sheep Chase . Probably Wild Sheep Chase most of all.