Casualty

supergran71

I wonder if anyone watched Casulty tonight. I am a regular viewer, but I had to turn it off tonight, when they showed a young dog being terrified by flames. I know it was probably short lived, I didnt watch to find out, but that dog was terrified and it was wrong to do that. I have sent an email to the BBC complaining about it. Have to wait and see what they say. I wont be watching Casulty again, no loss.

Never found out what happened to the dog actually....when Dixie went back to her flat the dog wasn't there and she burst into tears worrying where it was and that was the end.:roll:

Crikey, is this still on??? Didn't it jump the shark years ago?

+1

I am not 100% sure what it is that upset you ? That there was a dog being scared by a fire?? I am quite sure the dog was at all times safe and possibly has even been trained to be used to fire. I dont see the problem, there are scenes with people near fire all the time, what makes a dog any different? If something upsets you on tv...turn it off.

I am not saying she does not,I am simply saying rather than file a complaint that will be ignored and cant change what happened she should move on and maybe even find something better than casualty. Lots of things on TV annoy me, rather than write to tv stations every time they air a new reality tv show, I just don't watch it. (while being angry at those who do :roll:)

yes, some, a VERY small %. If Casualty is taken off air it is not going to be over a few complains, it will be because it's played out.

Why is Animal cruelty rated higher than human suffering ? was really my main point..

you turned it off, move on. complaining wont take back what happened. As much as I complain when I dont like something, people these days care more about animals than people..

I wonder if you would speak to your grandmother like that Beef? If my grandson did, I would clip him round the earhole. I am entitled to my opinion same as you are, so back off please!!!

Incidentally, I don't make a regular practice of making complaints about tv programmes can't be bothered normally.

Thanks for your support Heather

I wonder if you would speak to your grandmother like that Beef? If my grandson did, I would clip him round the earhole. I am entitled to my opinion same as you are, so back off please!!!

I bet your grandson wouldn't dare! Well said :roll:

No I woudlent, Then again she is like a second mother to me where as you are just a name on a screen. what does that have to do with it? Am I to treat you differently because your older? That would be a breach of your rights to not be excluded due to your age. You are entitled to your opinion - And when you post it on the internet I am entitled to question it. If you dont like your opinion being questioned, dont put it online.

*edit* changed last line as this is *not* in the debate room:smile2:

Edited by beef

No I woudlent, Then again she is like a second mother to me where as you are just a name on a screen. what does that have to do with it? Am I to treat you differently because your older? That would be a breach of your rights to not be excluded due to your age. You are entitled to your opinion - And when you post it on the internet I am entitled to question it. If you dont like your opinion being questioned, dont put it online.

*edit* changed last line as this is *not* in the debate room:smile2:

I think it all boils down to the lack of respect for your elders!! I find your reply to supergran rude & in parts offensive. It just goes to show what an ignorant immature little fool you are. Whilst you my be "academically clever" with your flash replies, you in fact seem to lack social skills, so i thought a rude response back to you was needed. While everyone is entilted to there opinion, there is a appropriate way to express your views & the way you did it above was not the right one.

I think it all boils down to the lack of respect for your elders!! I find your reply to supergran rude & in parts offensive. It just goes to show what an ignorant immature little fool you are. Whilst you my be "academically clever" with your flash replies, you in fact seem to lack social skills, so i thought a rude response back to you was needed. While everyone is entilted to there opinion, there is a appropriate way to express your views & the way you did it above was not the right one.

:) but your FAR MORE rude reply making personal attacks IS right? :D

P.S respect is earned not demanded because you are old.

But one persons opinion is not more important than anothers - be that through age, sex or race.

Just because someone is older than someone else does not mean their words carry anymore weight than anyone elses.

As the bovine said, respect is earned.