Spread the Word 2009

Michelle

One of the publishers told me about this, because The Blood of Flowers is one of their books, and she knew I had enjoyed it.

http://www.spread-the-word.org.uk/

Thousands of books are published every year, and only a small percentage makes the mark that it should.

The World Book Day team asked publishers large and small to submit books they thought deserved to reach a wider readership – most specifically those that would make good subjects for discussion, those that don’t merely entertain, but give greater food for thought.

From the many submissions received, we have selected fifty titles we feel fulfil the criteria. Each and every one brings something different, refreshing and stimulating.

Have you read any of the books featured? Do you agree that they would make a good discussion book? Are you voting?

Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert caught my attention - looks like it could be something I might enjoy...

Of the 2008 choices, I've read:

Adept by Robert Finn

Boy A by Jonathan Trigell

Q & A by Vikas Swarup

I also have The Mathematics of Love by Emma Darwin...

Edited by Kell

Season of the Witch by Natasha Mostert caught my attention - looks like it could be something I might enjoy...

Of the 2008 choices, I've read:

Adept by Robert Finn

Boy A by Jonathan Trigell

Q & A by Vikas Swarup

I also have The Mathematics of Love by Emma Darwin...

I have it on my tbr - might be a good Halloween read!

Unfortunaltey, I didn't read any books that were published this year because I had so many books lying around that I hadn't read yet that I didn't buy any new ones but was just reading through my book pile. Phew...

But it's a great page. I bookmarked it and will certainly have a closer look at the books listed there and see what I'd like to read.