Pearls of Wisdom

knitnat

It seems to me in every good book there is at least one sentence that is just the most beautiful pearl of wisdom.

Here is one from the book I am currently reading.

:writing:"Being a warrior is more about courage to stand against evil

than about fighting."

What is yours?

I think you`re probably right (can`t think of an example yet, it`s too early!) but I know someone who keeps a notebook and pen handy while she reads, so she can write down any phrases or descriptions she finds especially beautiful or moving or that stand out as being extra special. :17:

"What is normal? Normal is only ordinary; mediocre. Life belongs to the rare, exceptional individual who dares to be different."

- My Sweet Audrina by Virginia Andrews (a rubbish book, but a great quote!)

I'm someone who makes a note of great quotes as I read. Some of them aren't necessarily 'pearls of wisdom' - they're just quotes that speak to me on some level - but here are a couple that might qualify:

'It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.' (JK Rowling: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)

'Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow?' (David Mitchell: Cloud Atlas)

'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day.' (Charles Dickens: Great Expectations)

'There's a reason they're called revolutions - it all just keeps coming around to the beginning again.' (Terry Pratchett: The Colour of Magic)