Needles & Pearls - Gil McNeil

This is a follow up to Divas Don't Knit which I read earlier this year and enjoyed immensely and I couldn't wait to find out what happens next...

From Amazon

Slip One - A year after her husband's death, Jo Mackenzie is finally starting to get the hang of being a single parent. Knit Two Together - The boys are thriving in their new seaside home, the wool shop is starting to do well and despite two weddings, an in-school knitting project and Trevor the Wonder Dog coming to stay, she's just about keeping her head above water. Cast off - But boys, babies and best friends certainly make life a lot more interesting. Can Jo cope when things get really complicated? Because if knitting truly does keep you sane when your life starts to unravel then it looks like Jo is going to need much bigger needles.

Thankfully I was not left disappointed. It was a joy to be back in Jo's world of wool, Lego and a range of wonderful characters which I have come to love. While it will never win prizes for most original storyline, it's a book with such a heart that it makes you feel warm inside and the lighthearted humour puts a smile on your face.

Please don't let the knitting references put you off... I'm not a knitter, but I loved it. I just hope that a third installment is in the works.