Tess Gerritsen

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never read any Tess Gerritsen but am thinking about diving in. Although I have thoroughly enjoyed reading them thus far, I'm getting tired of the Sarah Linton series by Karin Slaughter where a crime happens on page 20 and its solved by page 200 scooby doo style. Why people live there I dont know because it sees more crime than New York in the 70's.

Are Tess Gerritsen's storylines a bit 'meatier' ? and not so formulaic?

• 1 month later...

Anyone pre-ordering the next in the Rizzoli & Isles series?

Released 24th June in the UK so says Amazon, UK.

US title: Ice Cold

UK title: The Killing Place

Always said I much prefer the UK titles, this one is yet again better imo

Synopsis:

Something terrible has happened in the snowbound village of Kingdom Come, Wyoming. Twelve eerily identical houses stand dark and abandoned. Meals remain untouched on dining room tables. Cars are still parked in garages. The human occupants have vanished, seemingly into thin air. This is the unsettling place where Maura Isles finds herself trapped during a snowstorm. She has joined a group of friends on a drive to an isolated ski lodge, but when a wrong turn leaves her car stranded in deep snow, she stumbles down a private road into the valley of Kingdom Come, where she takes shelter - and disappears. Days later, Jane Rizzoli flies to Wyoming to search for her missing friend. A crashed vehicle has been found with four badly burned bodies still inside. The authorities assume that one of the women is Maura. But is it? Jane Rizzoli's search for the truth leads her to Kingdom Come, where a terrifying and gruesome discovery lies buried beneath the snow.

Looking forward to the next installment :D

Edited by chrysalis_stage

I think the different titles can be confusing too, on Tess Gerritsen's blog someone asked why there were two different names and she replied

The book has two different titles because the US and UK publishers couldn’t agree on what to call it. They each feel they know their own markets, so they chose what they believe will best appeal to their own populations. The different titles are decisions made by the individual publishers. If an editor in one country doesn’t like the US title, they may decide to change it for their own country. It does lead to some confusion, which I’ll try to highlight on my website for US/UK readers.

Oh and just read on her blog that US release of Ice Cold is July 27th and the UK release of The Killing Place will be August 5th :D oh no, more confusion :D I hope its sooner than that, Amazon seem to get the dates messed up quite abit :D I've pre-ordered anyhoo

Oo fab, I didn't realise the next book was so close! I finished Keeping the Dead about 2 weeks ago, and I will admit I've loved all the books so far in the series :D.

I agree with the book title issues, I came across it a while back with P. J Tracy on a couple of books, likewise with Karin Slaughter's Skin Privilege. Plus it was only the other day that I realised Girl Missing by Tess Gerritsen is a reprint of Peggy Sue Got Murdered. :D

How exciting, thank you, I have only just found out about this wonderful author and intend to read all her novels. I am reading Keeping the Dead at the moment and it is breathtaking

I am just working my way through and re-reading some of hers, I do really enjoy them. I just read Girl Missing it was not her best but as she said herself it was an early transitional book when she was bridging the romantic suspense to thriller genre. I am waiting for her new book and will probably get it soon, at the moment I am listening to Vanish on audio book whilst at work. I have read it but I need the distraction to be more productive.

I find I don't like her romantic thrillers as much either Pickle, but her Rizzolie/Isles series is fantastic, and quite a few of her stand alone ones are very good too, I think my favourite being The Bone Garden, have you read that one?

Edited by lexiepiper

I find I don't like her romantic thrillers as much either Pickle, but her Rizzolie/Isles series is fantastic, and I quite a few of her stand alone ones are very good too, I think my favourite being The Bone Garden, have you read that one?

Yes I have read that one and i did enjoy it, I liked the mix of the past and the present. The Mephisto Club is one of my favourites as it had a mix of the possible supernatural and evil and being a big John Connolly fan it had a similar vibe.

Hope you enjoy it Chrysalis, I thought it was fantastic :D

Glad to hear you loved it lexiepiper, no doubt i'll think the same - she is great and its great so far! :D

I will be starting my first one very soon. My lovely daughter has bought ' The Surgeon ' for me and recommended it.

I will let you know my views once I have read it. :)

Good to hear, I look forward to your views on it deneng, hope you enjoy it as much as many of us here, 'The Surgeon' got me hooked on Gerritsen 'back in the day' :D