Clive Cussler Novels

WW2artist

Hello folks!

I'm just about 1/3 of the way through 'Dark Watch' and am enjoying it so far. Okay, so it's not one of the best books I've ever read, but it's keeping me interested enough to pick it up every day.

The only problem I have found is the large number of characters involved which tends to get confusing at times. I find I really need to be 'on the ball' with this book as it's pretty technical at times.

How do other books of Cussler's compare? What do you consider his best and how do you find his style?

Cheers :)

I was given that book on friday by my uncle, I had never read a book by clive until my uncle gave me Polar Shift which I enjoyed a lot . Although I note polar shift is around half the size of Dark Watch so I suppose the amount of characters etc might even out?

I've only ever read Raise the Titanic and that was at the end of the eighties, I suspect his writing style may have changed a bit since then so I won't pass comment (Sahara has to be the most stupid/fun films I've ever seen however, but I have no idea how "good" it is compared to the novel).

I saw the movie 'Raise the Titanic' and loved it! Although, I'm sure I read somewhere it was a commerical flop.....but that's another story! lol

I think the quote from Lew Grade was "It would have been cheaper to lower the Atlantic". I like the film, but it is easy to see why it failed.

John Barry's score is still very good though.

• 1 month later...