The Children

Inver

For god sake I watched this for 3 weeks...what a pathetic ending.:D She didn't actually say she did it....just 'Im so sorry' over and over!!! So yes I assume she did. Can't believe that was it.

Have to say at 9.40 when I looked at the clock and thought how are they going to tie all this up...it was gonna be a poor end. I even checked the paper to make sure it was the last one!!:D

How so?

They did runs of all the others "pushing and killing her", but then showed Trish sobbing and saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and ignoring her own baby. Same sort of way they let you assume that

Esme smothered her sister

in Maggie O'Farrell's book.

Did anyone see what the critics said about it??

Very unsatisfactory ending after waiting 3 weeks. How does the girlfriend saying I'm sorry, I'm sorry prove it was her, it could have been one of the other scenarios that was the real conclusion, why show them? She really had least reason of all and what did she do with the baby while she was there, did she take it with her? I hate loose ends.

I caught up last night, watching episodes 2 and 3 back to back. Arggh how aggravating. I also thought it got very far-fetched with each character becoming more and more unpleasant so that they just became less beleivable for me.

You can just imagine everyone who has followed it saying as I did.....'is that it'!!

That's exactly what I shouted at the telly when the credits rolled up! They should have at least showed her doing it in the same way they showed the others hypothetically doing it.

Very disappointing.

they let you assume that Esme smothered her sister in

Maggie O'Farrell's book.

Does that need a spoiler supergran?