Show your bookshelf

beef

Very pretty, lovely color.  Great selection of AC, too. :D

Thanks Kat :friends0: I wish I had more Marple's .. I'm not a feminist or anything but .. too many Poirot's :D Actually, apart fom two which I specifically bought to read, the others have been picked up randomly as and when I've seen them. It could be that I've mistakenly bought all the best ones .. or contrariwise .. I could have got the duff ones :D ... though I'm sure she didn't write any :no: 

Lovely pic, Poppyshake. :) I love how you've arranged them from light to dark!

I have quite a few of the same editions of Agatha Christie's books, but you have quite a few that I don't have. They're so pretty! I'm the same as you - I've been buying them randomly whenever I see them. :D

I've just posted this on my bookblog .. it's not a new shelf but it is a new colour :blush2: The shelf is in our bathroom and, I thought, it needed to be painted pink! :D

pinkbookshelf.jpg

That's the prettiest thing I've seen in a long time! :D I love it... And look at the hearts in the drawer knobs... Beautiful! :wub:

I'm really tempted to go and buy a small bookcase at the Red Cross charityshop... I saw a few there this week and they weren't too expensive... But I should first get rid of the big bookcase, and maybe wait till I actually got paid... :blush:

Some lovely shelves there :)!

I rearranged a few of mine not too long ago but it would appear I didn't post here (I think I may have posted them on facebook, but I'm not sure). Unfortunately due to the double rows you'll only be able to see the front rows. I think I might do a bit of cleaning up though before I make/post some photos.. (my TBR-soon books are on the table, but I could make a photo of those too).

I think there was a thread for this a while back but I cant find it (think the pixie got to it) but I got some pics of my bookshelf's the other day which made me think I would enjoy seeing other people's collections.

Here is mine: http://http://karoshi.me.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=656

let me see yours! (oo-er!)

i have just a little ,it cost too much

No idea, It told me the same when I changed the picture of john lithgow and my picture to the one of me on my bike in my thread, but this time this thread allowed me to. I transferred my files to W Live Photo Gallery, Put them in a folder, moved to desktop, moved to pictures, Uploaded by selecting single picture files and selecting Show in post.

Edited by dex

• 4 weeks later...

I recently moved some books on some shelves around. Now the historical fiction is near the classics / literature section and the contemporary fiction books are with the rest of the contemporary fiction books. The thrillers are in the same section and I made a seperate shelf for horror and one for manga / graphic novels.

DSCN0743_0.25.jpg

DSCN0744_0.25.jpg

DSCN0738_0.25.jpg

DSCN0739_0.25.jpg

Note: There are two bookcases that aren't on these photos. They haven't changed a lot. I can post updated photos though if anyone's interested what they look like now.

P. S. I've always wondered why this thread isn't in the General Book discussion section. We have a thread in there discussing how we organise books, so it seems a bit odd to me that this one's in here whereas the talk of organising books is in the General Book section. Or am I missing something?

EDIT: I seem to be able to post four images this time.

Edited by Athena

I recently moved some books on some shelves around. Now the historical fiction is near the classics / literature section and the contemporary fiction books are with the rest of the contemporary fiction books. The thrillers are in the same section and I made a seperate shelf for horror and one for manga / graphic novels.

attachicon.gifDSCN0743_0.25.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0744_0.25.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0738_0.25.jpg

Note: There are two bookcases that aren't on these photos. They haven't changed a lot. I can post updated photos though if anyone's interested what they look like now.

P. S. I've always wondered why this thread isn't in the General Book discussion section. We have a thread in there discussing how we organise books, so it seems a bit odd to me that this one's in here whereas the talk of organising books is in the General Book section. Or am I missing something?

EDIT: I seem to be able to post four images this time.

Lovely. :D

Athena, in the first pic, at the top of the shelf - who are the blue books published by, the ones like `Jewish Antiquities` and `Plato` ? Those look nice. :smile:

Athena!?! Thirteen Jamie cookbooks .. wow!!

x

Thanks! I think I have all of his major works, as far as I know. One is in Dutch, the others are in English. I went a bit mad a while ago and bought a lot of them :blush:. Most of them weren't so expensive, though, if that makes it any better :P.

Thanks Pops and Kylie :).