Disappointed in Toys R Us

I would write to their Head Office and complain. Kids learn a lot more from books than they ever came from these silly games, that let's face it, a lot of parents use as substitute baby sitters anyway !

I used to love going to Toys R Us when I was little because they had a Barbie aisle (which I practically lived in) and a one with books and jigsaws. I was in last christmas buying my cousins present and I noticed the books were on the back wall, with the X Box's, Play Stations, Computers, Wii etc on full display at the front of the shop. They seemed to be taking over. Maybe it's just because we couldn't afford things like that when I was younger (which I'm so grateful now).

Kids learn a lot more from books than they ever came from these silly games, that let's face it, a lot of parents use as substitute baby sitters anyway !

I agree! Television and video games have become the ultimate babysitter for parents who just won't take the time. I've always thought that books are essential for a child's development especially in the early years before they even learn to read. The love of reading is one of the greatest gifts a parent can give a child.

I find it really frustrating at work as well when parents and kids come into the store together and the parents buy age rated games which you know are for the kids. Because the parents are paying though, there is nothing we can do. This to me is the ultimate in irresponsible parenting.

You don't get RSI from books either !

• 8 months later...

Books? What books? I have never ever seen books in my Toys R Us in Wales! They sell everything that a child could want except the best thing in the world for them books! The closest thing they have to a book is a leap pad and its just not the same is it?

I have also wondered why Argos have never sold books? They sell everything else. :)