Hello from the Canuck

Ceinwenn

Hi all, I've been looking for a book forum here in the UK - all the ones I've seen until now were in the US (not that that is necessarily a bad thing, but I live in the UK).

I'm a voracious reader I I love talking about the books I've read. Even though I've lived here almost 8 years I still don't really know may people (long story) & definately don't know anyone other than my other half who reads as much as I do (unfortunately we have very differing tastes in reading, lol).

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place & I'm looking forward to reading about & discussing a lot of different books!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Poppy, Ceinwenn's not my realy name, though I do love it. It's the name of one of the characters in the Arthur series of books by Bernard Cornwell. My other half is Welsh & I read that particular series of books (initially) to please him but ended up loving them & that character in particular.

Echo - glad to see some fellow North Americans on here!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wordsgood! How are you liking it here? I suspect we are from opposite coasts of our vast country - I'm from New Brunswick. Thanks for the compliment on my "name" - it's Welsh (my OH is Welsh) & from the Arthur series of books by Bernard Cornwell (though he spells it Ceinwyn - which is actually the male version of the name, even though he was using it for a woman, lol) If I ever have a daughter that's what her name shall be!