A new first line of current book

Nici

My father always told me that there are two things you need to be a great historian.

Attila by William Napier.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was smattering of applause as Malcolm Fox entered the room. Don't strain yourselves he said, placing his scuffed briefcase on the desk nearest the door.- The Complaints - Ian Rankin.

Edited by dex

"He's not here" the desk sergeant said. "So where is he?" "Out on a call". Fox stared hard at the man, knowing it wouldn't do any good. - The impossible dead, Ian Rankin.

Edited by dex

FUNERALS MAKE MY EYES WATER. Don't get me wrong, not in the "Oh, he was a lovely fellah taken from us too soon, sense. - Tony Black, Paying for it.

The chinook came beating up into the blood red sky. It shuddered in the perilous crosscurrents, banking through the thin air. - Eric Van Lustbader, The Bourne Betrayal. Borrowed

• 2 months later...

He had never been able to stand the sight of blood. There was something about the consistency, thick and viscous. He knew it was irrational, especially for someone like him.

Liza Marklund - Red Wolf

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, as it used to be one I enjoyed posting in :D

When Sarah told me Daniel had died, the cuckoo clock opened and out flew sound, a bird, two figures. The voice of the cuckoo echoed, louder than the aeroplanes over-head, and opposite the clock, evening shadows stirred.

Grace Williams Says It Loud by Emma Henderson

Good decision, Claire. :yes:

Detective Michael Ormewood listened to the football game on the radio as he drove down DeKalb Avenue toward Grady Homes.

Triptych by Karin Slaughter.

I'm cheating a bit, this is the first line from my last read, but it's so brilliant I wanted to post :blush: 

"There are two things that you should know about me immediately: the first is that I am beautiful, the second is that yesterday I killed a man called Gerald Fox."

Rebuilding Coventry by Sue Townsend

My actual current read:

"Psychological Evaluation Excerpt

Ms. Thomas is a 30-year-old Caucasian female seeking an assessment of her personality, particularly in regards to the presence or absence of psychopathic traits."

Confessions of a Sociopath by M. E. Thomas

Thought I'd resurrect this thread, as it used to be one I enjoyed posting in :D

Great minds think alike...I've been meaning to resurrect this for a while. :)

"There are two things that you should know about me immediately: the first is that I am beautiful, the second is that yesterday I killed a man called Gerald Fox."

Rebuilding Coventry by Sue Townsend

Intriguing. I wonder why she (I assume it's a 'she'?) included the first fact. Are we supposed to excuse her for the murder because she's beautiful? Ha.

'It was the smell that began to drive Thomas slightly mad'.

The Death Cure by James Dashner

Intriguing. I wonder why she (I assume it's a 'she'?) included the first fact. Are we supposed to excuse her for the murder because she's beautiful? Ha.

You know what they say about people who assume.... ;)  Well sometimes they are right. Yes, she's a she :D I've taken the book back to the library so I can't quote the 'explanation' she gave to telling about her being beautiful and murdering the man, but she said that she needed to say those things because both of those things are accidents. Her parents are not good-looking and she suspects they have never liked her ( :( ) and also, she didn't love or hate Gerald Fox enough to kill him. 

But then you could always say, " I wonder why she (I know it's a 'she'?) included the first fact."   Right? :D

I could do that, yes, but I like to be modest. It's not nice to constantly remind people how right I always am, so I pretend to be like the rest of you commoners. :P