A new first line of current book

Nici

There's a big moon glowing in the sky, a swollen circle of silvery-gold light that looks as though it is sitting right on top of the old Clark Building, balancing there on the northeast corner where the twisted remains of a smokestack rises up from the roof like a long, tottery flagpole, colors lowered for the night, or maybe like a tin giant's arm making some kind of semaphore that only other tin giants can understand.

The Ivory and the Horn by Charles De Lint

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Holly held the blue cotton sweater to her face and the familiar smell immediately struck her, an over-whelming grief knotting her stomach and pulling at her heart." - PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

My earliest memories of Wharton are of a time when I did not know that any other place existed.

The Missing Will - Michael Wharton

Edited by Sedge

This is a story about magic and where it goes and perhaps more importantly where it comes from and why, although it doesn't pretend to answer all or any of these questions.

Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett

The man who called himself Bors, at least in this place, sneered at the low murmuring that rolled around the vaulted chamber like the soft gabble of geese.

The Great Hunt - Robert Jordan