Strictly Come Dancing - new line-up P15

supergran71

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree!! Sooner the better I think

I don't think he's the worst that's left. I think John should be given a latin dance (as it's unfair he has had two ballroom ones) and I think he would be the worst. Others to go soon would be Don, then Andrew. I'm glad they are mixed this week.

I agree Janet! Everyone goes on about his lovely pecs but I think they look awful. He has a very strange body shape.

Well, I was rather underwhelmed tonight, but the American Smooth and Samba are not my favourite dances. I was bored by quite a lot of the performances. Jodie Kidd was surprisingly good. I thought Tom was the best of the night. Cherie, who I usually like, I found quite boring. Rachel Stevens - I want to like her, and I think her dancing is technically good, but there's something missing from her performance, some kind of sparkle (like Alesha had) that she is lacking.

John Sergeant - oh dear, what can I say? His samba looked like a waltz!! He just never speeded up. As we thought, he can't do the faster dances. Don was not good either. I've never known an actor with such a complete lack of facial expressions. And although the judges raved over Lisa's dance, I wasn't impressed. Also, I didn't think Heather was as bad as they said. I felt sorry for her, because they didn't say one positive thing to her, and they could have done.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, cos I think there's going to be a paso doble performed, and that's my favourite dance! :welcome:

I agree Janet! Everyone goes on about his lovely pecs but I think they look awful. He has a very strange body shape.

. I thought Tom was the best of the night. Cherie, who I usually like, I found quite boring.

John Sergeant - oh dear, what can I say? His samba looked like a waltz!! He just never speeded up. As we thought, he can't do the faster dances. Don was not good either. I've never known an actor with such a complete lack of facial expressions.

:006:

Tom to win....:welcome: Was so glad he got more points than Austin....lol. I kinda like John.....lol...am sure he will get the sympathy vote. And I know what you mean about Mark...!!!

Poor Don.....he did better on his last dance off.

Edited by Inver

Looks like you were right Inver - John got the sympathy vote! He is this year's Kate Garroway.

I could not believe how that singer last night murdered the Kaiser Chiefs song. :D It was so appalling it stopped me enjoying the paso doble demonstration. :D

Looks like you were right Inver - John got the sympathy vote! He is this year's Kate Garroway.

I could not believe how that singer last night murdered the Kaiser Chiefs song. :D It was so appalling it stopped me enjoying the paso doble demonstration. :mad:

Awww I love John. :D I want to adopt him as a granddad.

My OH commented on the poor version of I Predict a Riot too.

I really want John to go. I agree that he is this years Kate. He was dreadful at the latin on Saturday (which is why it was unfair that he had two ballroom dances while Gary had two latin). I have to say that the girls are way above the boys this year. Granted Austin and Tom are great, but the others just get washed out. I would love to see Cherie win it. The next to go for me would be Mark.

Those singers are getting worse. After murdering the Kaiser Chiefs song last week, they did the same to REM's Everybody Hurts. Awful. It put me off the dancing.

Strange night tonight... The paso doble is my favourite, but no-one ever does it really well. I thought Andrew did better than usual, and I liked Jodie's attack in the paso. Cheri had very good arms in the paso, but not enough drama. I liked Austin's waltz, and Tom's, though it got panned by the judges. John is very poor - his paso consisted of marching forwards and backwards!! But at least he didn't smile through it.

And was it just me, or was Len in a weird, very narky mood tonight? He really peed off Arlene, who turned her back on him at one point!

Loved Tess's faux pas when she said to the pro dancer (can't remember who) "Stop playing with yourself!" when he kept rubbing his chest! Everyone was laughing and Brendan was in hysterics, then she realised what she'd said! :roll:

I hated the band tonight. I think the singers are getting progressively worse and worse. And now they are trying to sell albums (I saw the advert last night and it has good songs on it but I hate the singers).

Tonight's performances were really unwhelming for me tonight. I was pleased with how much Andrew improved. I think he could be out over the next few weeks but at least he's improved. I think Cherie was good (despite the stumble), Tom was good and Austin. I enjoyed Lisa's paso (as much as I hate Brendan) but none of the others stood out for me, apart from the truly dreadful, i.e. John and Mark. Please one of them has to go tonight. John is this years Kate and he doesn't deserve to be there after Jodie, Heather, Lisa or even Andrew.

What are next weeks dances?

Yay! Mark has gone! As John (undeservedly) went through, I wanted him to go as he was the next worst. So I'm pleased with that, and pleased that Heather wasn't in the dance-off again, as she wasn't that bad.

I'm not sure about next week's dances Stephanie - I was just walking out the room when I thought I heard Brucie say something about everyone doing a different dance next week. :roll: I could be wrong, but if that's true it's a bit bizarre.

In defence of the band - it cant be easy trying to preform such a wide range of totally different music styles! I dont think I'll be buying the album though:lol:

Aww John was hilarious with all that marching - Mark's torso sorry real turn off he's too thin!

No dont think Tess is anerexic just yet ,not thin enough to be.

In defence of the band - it cant be easy trying to preform such a wide range of totally different music styles! I dont think I'll be buying the album though:lol:

Aww John was hilarious with all that marching - Mark's torso sorry real turn off he's too thin!

No dont think Tess is anerexic just yet ,not thin enough to be.

I agree with everything you have said here. There is definately styles that they are better at than others. I just think that sometimes the singers try to outdo one another, rather than sing together.

I don't think Tess is anorexic, I just think she is naturally thin. She doesn't look over skinny to me.