Strictly Come Dancing - new line-up P15

supergran71

Oh, of course. I forgot Kelly Brook left last year after her father died.

So did I! oops.

Interesting result last night, but I'm not too surprised. We are now going to slowly see the end of the good dancers. I want Lisa to win, but I think it will be an all-male final

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was some very good dancing last night, and some pretty poor stuff too! I agreed with Len about Austin's paso - it was a lot of posing, shouting and stamping but no dancing! The other judges were hoodwinked and gave him 10s, which it did not deserve. The paso is my favourite dance, but I'm always disappointed as no-one ever does it well.

Christine was the worst dancer, but I don't think she'll be out tonight as she's popular. It might be Rachel who goes, because although she's become a very good dancer lately, she doesn't seem as popular as the others.

I really like Christine's personality but her dancing is not in league with the other four now. I think she definately deserves to go tonight (I think she maybe is too nice for some dances :)). I think Lisa and Tom were the best last night (with Tom undermarked again in my opinion).

• 2 weeks later...

I agree someone should have left, but if that was the case the judges marks shouldn't have counted, otherwise they ultimately would have made the decision as to who went through to the final which wouldn't really have been fair. It seems like the majority of the viewers think the right decision was made in letting all three finalists go through.

It didn't seem fair to me. That BBC page seems to be saying that Tom was so far behind he would have gone? Well, so be it - he was the worst dancer last night. So as far as I can tell, the BBC have fixed the vote and given him a free pass to the final, which he shouldn't be in.

I agree that the BBC have certainly mucked up this series of Strictly!

It didn't seem fair to me. That BBC page seems to be saying that Tom was so far behind he would have gone? Well, so be it - he was the worst dancer last night. So as far as I can tell, the BBC have fixed the vote and given him a free pass to the final, which he shouldn't be in.

I agree that the BBC have certainly mucked up this series of Strictly!

Yes, I couldnt agree more. Tom should have gone.

Saturday night was a complete waste of time. They would not have been able to have the results show on Sunday night anyway because they were showing Sports Personality Of The Year...very convenient!

It has turned into a bit of farce this time round hasn't it.

What did they do in the past when Kelly and Tarby went off before their time. Did the final feature two or three couples? (can't remember)

Anyway, in the Final, the judges don't cast any votes at all, it is all down the audience voting.

Edited by SueK
added last para

To be honest with you I don't really see what the big deal is. At the end of the day, there would have been an even bigger scandal if someone (aka Tom) got booted off on Saturday when those that voted realised that their votes wouldn't have affected the results anyway. The BBC did the only thing they could do in the circumstances and put all three through and yet still people complain. They can't win. I'm not saying that the BBC are completely blameless but for the most part, the blame should lie with the viewers ... or more to the point those that kept John Sargent in for so long to begin with which lets face it is still the main cause of the problems anyway.

All votes cast at the weekend will roll over to next weekend and the final will start with the votes so far being broadcast for all to see ... so we will find out the exact order the three finalists are in at the start of the show. Oh and apparently anyone who wants there money back from the vote this past weekend can claim it back.

It was just annoying to watch the first programme and then for all 3 to go through - they knew at the end of the first programme they were tied at the top so i dont understand why they asked people to vote?! Tom should be gone!what a waste of time Saturday's programme was. Bring back John :D

After all the shenanigans this series, I'm beginning to wish that they'd do away with the public vote and just go by the judges' scores. I know this opinion won't be very popular, but to me Strictly is very much a dance competition. The judges are qualified to judge standards of dance, so just let them get on with it. At least that way the best dancers would go through and we wouldn't get lumbered with the likes of Kate Garroway and John Sergeant hanging around for weeks, or decent dancers being voted out before them. :lol: It won't happen though, because they make too much money out of the voting.

So who cares what the public think! Let's just go with the judges verdicts. Let's take all entertainment out of the entertainment show!

Strictly Come Dancing wouldn't be Strictly Come Dancing without the dodgy celebrities dancing or the public vote. It would be Come Dancing again. And that particular show was taken off the air because no one watched it.

So who cares what the public think! Let's just go with the judges verdicts. Let's take all entertainment out of the entertainment show!

I don't agree that just going with the judges' verdicts takes all the entertainment away. There are plenty of events where that happens and people still watch, even though they have no input into the final result. If you like the dancing, you're still going to find it entertaining.

What did we do before the era of the phone vote? I'm sure there were plenty of shows judged by the people on there who are qualified to do it.

Okay, so maybe instead of voting for the person they want to save they should vote for the person they want to leave.

That's a very good idea! I like it.

I don't know if this is true or not but they rumours going about saying Tom the favorite to win and people are saying its fixed if he wins.

I don't know about it being fixed, but Tom certainly seems to be very popular, even though he is easily the worst dancer of the three.

I think Rachel will go out first (because she doesn't seem very popular, although she is an excellent dancer), and the final will be between Tom and Lisa. Tom could very well win it, which wouldn't please me as the two women are much better. Still, that's what happens when you get a public vote and people vote for who they fancy instead of the best dancer...

I'm glad Tom won. His showdance was the best dance of the series! Lisa and Brendan's was so disappointing - far too many lifts which looked like he could have dropped her at anytime, and really under-rehearsed. I thought overall the best dancer of the night was Rachel, but Tom's final showdance stole the show for me and I wanted him to win :lol: