Strictly Come Dancing - new line-up P15

supergran71

I'm glad Tom won. I actually think all three finalists did a great job, and yes okay maybe Tom was technically the worst dancer out of all them but as the man he has it harder to begin with so I still think he was fab.

I was happy for either Tom or Rachel to win and even Lisa to some extent although I really don't like Brendan. He's a fantastic dancer but there's something about him that I just don't like.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the final and only found out that Tom won this morning. Funny that - considering he should have got the boot last week. I can't really comment since I haven't seen the dancing so maybe he deserved to win, I don't know. But I still think something fishy went on.

I missed the final and only found out that Tom won this morning. Funny that - considering he should have got the boot last week. I can't really comment since I haven't seen the dancing so maybe he deserved to win, I don't know. But I still think something fishy went on.

The only reason people think he should have gotten the boot last week was because of the judges scores - the public last week voted him there favourite. As in he beat the other two, which in normal circumstances would have saved him!

So, popularity triumphs over ability. What a surprise. :roll:

I'm very disappointed by the result but completely unsurprised.

yes okay maybe Tom was technically the worst dancer out of all them but as the man he has it harder to begin with so I still think he was fab.

Ooh Karen, don't get me started on this one! :D I really don't understand why people say it's more difficult for the men. In my opinion, it's harder for the women - they dance backwards a lot of the time, they dance in very high-heeled shoes, they have to keep their head turned to one side whilst the men can look straight ahead, they do all kinds of complicated turns, twists and steps while the men just stand there... Yeah, the women have it so easy. :lol:

I just think it's disgusting that a person who shouldn't even have been in the final ended up winning it. Tom was even in the lowest position after the first show. He was not the best dancer so he should not have won. :P

I don't care if someone postponed their wedding, or if they so want to win to make their nan proud, or that their hamster died recently... All I want is for the best dancer to win.

Now I need to go and have a lie down, remind myself it's just a TV show and get over it. :P

I really don't understand why people say it's more difficult for the men.

No idea, but seeing as that's what all the professionals seem to say and agree on, I'll take their word for it.

I just think it's disgusting that a person who shouldn't even have been in the final ended up winning it.

That's your opinion though and as so many people have pointed out on this thread, this is an entertainment show and as such the viewers vote for who they want to win and the public voted for Tom.

The only way the best dancer would win is if there is no public vote and that idea didn't go down too well in this thread previously.

At the end of the day if John Sargent hadn't have walked out, there would have been four couples in the semi-final and this whole shenanigan wouldn't have happened so in a way all those people who kept him in for so long are to blame in a roundabout kind of way.

Just out of interest Mia, who did you vote for to win?

I agree, technically Rachel was better and far more consistent as Tom did seem to have little stutters at times. BUT, if the winner had to be judged on the show dance, then I thought Tom won it hands down. Rachel's was just not dynamic enough, the lifts were poor and looked to be choreographed from a safety point of view, rather than for showy dazzle.

Tom said this morning on BBC Breakfast that he completely threw himself into the show dance because he knew he wouldn't be judged on how well his feet were turned out or how many lifts and turns he did, etc. He just went out and performed and it paid off.

TBH I hadn't tipped Tom for the final as I thought up to that time it would be between Lisa and Rachel and for me, Lisa was far more polished on Saturday night.

Edited by SueK

It's funny, but everyone in my office today was going on about how wonderful Tom's show dance was too, yet me and my mum absolutely hated it! I'm not a fan of Camilla's choreography at all (her Argentine Tango was particularly lacking in substance compared to the other two). I didn't think any of the show dances were particularly outstanding, but Lisa and Brendan's was easily the worst. Or perhaps I was getting put off by Lisa's ghastly silver leotard. :roll:

SueK, I like your signature! :lol:

Oh yes, totally agree about Lisa/Brendan's show dance. Thought it was awful. But I suppose they had rehearsed it just in case so they had to show it. I did like their earlier dance though (American Smooth?) Thought that was very classy.

• 8 months later...

Well, it's getting to that time of year when it's time to resurrect this thread!

I'm a huge fan of Strictly, and I've just spent the last week migrating my old Strictly blog to a proper, fully fledged, grown-up website, in preparation for the announcement of this years crop of celebrities. The official press launch will be on Tuesday, so I'm on tenterhooks waiting to find out if any of the rumours are true :D

Any other Strictly fans out there?

I didn't realise it was released as soon as Tuesday - I can't wait, I love this show :lol: I can't believe Arlene's gone though, I loved her :D

I'm in two minds about Arlene going. I know the media have made it come across that the BBC got rid of her because she was old, but I think she was the easiest of the judges to replace if they wanted to refresh the programme. I'm not sure that Alesha was the best choice - I'd have preferred Karen since she wasn't going to be dancing anyway, especially as she's a professional judge anyway, so would have added some more technical knowledge to the panel. Having said that, I think Alesha will act more as the "people's voice" on the judging front, as well as bringing her experience of competing.

The media do seem to have short memories though - it was less than a year ago they were slating Arlene for complaining about John Sergeant!

Yeah I agree. Not sure about the whole "ageist" thing, but I used to love all of Arlene's little comments. I feel a bit sorry for Alesha because she is going to get slated by the media for being the replacement. I'm not a fan of Darcey Bussell though so I hope she isn't on much. I'm also really glad that they have moved the results show back to a saturday night - I used to go online and look at the spoilers anyway but I'm glad they'll be showing it live! :D

My parents can't stand him. I think he either a person you like or hate.

Does anyone know who going to be on it?

Nothing offical till tomorrow I don't think, even though there has been major specualation, including Adrian Chiles from The One show and Richard and Judy.

I just can't wait.!!!:D

These are the rumours in the papers and on the forums:

Adrian Chiles

Chris Hollins

Joe Calzaghe

Lynford Christie

Phil Tuffnell

Rav Wilding

Ricky Groves

Ricky Whittle

Ali Bastion

Jade Johnson

Jo Wood

Laila Rouass

Linda Bellingham

Martina Hingis

Natalie Cassidy

Zoe Lucker

But press launch is tomorrow, so will know for definite then.

Adrian Chiles

Chris Hollins

Joe Calzaghe

Lynford Christie

Phil Tuffnell

Rav Wilding

Ricky Groves

Ricky Whittle

Ali Bastion

Jade Johnson

Jo Wood

Laila Rouass

Linda Bellingham

Martina Hingis

Natalie Cassidy

Zoe Lucker

But press launch is tomorrow, so will know for definite then.

NO RICHARD AND JUDY???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol:

Is Rav the policeman off Crimewatch UK? He could be the next Mark Foster with his chest out?? :D

Chris Hollins

Rav Wilding

Ricky Whittle

Ali Bastion

Jade Johnson

Jo Wood

Never heard of them... :lol:

Chris Hollins - BBC Breakfast presenter

Rav Wilding - Former policeman, think he might do Crimewatch and also does The ONE show occasionally

Ricky Whittle - Hollyoaks actor?

Ali Bastion - The Bill actress?

Jade Johnson - Olympic long jumper

Jo Wood - Ronnie Wood's (Rolling Stones) ex-wife?

Apparently Joe Calzaghe has now denied involvement, claims he was joking with his dad.

Rav Wilding - Former policeman, think he might do Crimewatch and also does The ONE show occasionally

Apparently Joe Calzaghe has now denied involvement, claims he was joking with his dad.

Thanks, Chesilbeach! I'm not surprised I didn't know them, considering I've never watched breakfast TV, Hollyoaks or The One Show in my life. To be honest, I'm not that impressed with this line-up. I wish there were some more people I'm actually familiar with! Or that I fancied... Where are Simon Baker, Richard Armitage and James Marsters when you need them?! :lol:

oh so I was right about Rav but I was wrong about Jade. Oh thats a shame I thought she would have been good.

If that is the case I am slightly dissapointed with the celebs I thought there would have been a few more stars.

Any ideas who this is???......Laila Rouass

oh so I was right about Rav but I was wrong about Jade. Oh thats a shame I thought she would have been good.

If that is the case I am slightly dissapointed with the celebs I thought there would have been a few more stars.

Any ideas who this is???......Laila Rouass

I think she was in Footballers Wives with Zoe Lucker (I don't generally watch much drama or any soaps on television, so I have to rely on what other people have told me!)

I think she was in Footballers Wives with Zoe Lucker (I don't generally watch much drama or any soaps on television, so I have to rely on what other people have told me!)

That sucks!!! Thanks for the info Chesilbeach.

I agree with Mia I am not that impressed with the lineup this year. :lol: Even though I am glad that Adrian Chiles is in it!!!! Whooo Hooo.

I was hoping for a Sharon Osbourne/ Anton partnership I think that could have been quite funny.

I bet Anton will end up with Linda Bellingham. Bless him.