Hello everyone!

Kiwi

Hello everybody,

This looks like a great forum filled with interesting people, I'm going to have fun here :blush:. I thought I should introduce myself first and foremost.

My name is Matt, and I'm a 16-year-old student in New Zealand. My interests include football, world politics, journalism, activism, and of course, reading. Unfortunately I don't get the time between school, study, sports and other things to read as often as I would like. My absolute favourite book is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, as it has had a profound influence on what I want to do in life.

I also recently founded a non-profit organisation called IPA. It was basically established to reduce prejudice globally, through an international forum. The idea is to achieve tolerance through communication. We will also try and fund raise for larger organisations in conflict zones, when things get going. The forums are a little empty at the moment, as they've only just been built; however, if any of you are interested, please feel free to check out http://www.ipa-forum.co.nr .

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to meeting some of you here, and joining you in discussion.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Kiwi and welcome to the forum! I admire your goals.

I am no longer alone at the bottom of the world B)

What am I? Chopped liver? :blush: (Or should that be, 'where am I?' I suddenly feel very disorientated.)

Edited by Kylie

What am I? Chopped liver? B) (Or should that be, 'where am I?' I suddenly feel very disorientated.)

Oh Kylie, I hadn't forgotten you, truly. I nearly put 'except for Kylie' but then I thought, well we're more south than you, so we really are at the bottom (unless of course we get someone joining up from the Antarctic):blush:

I had a look at your forum Matt and think you've done a great job. Good luck with it and wishing you success with your aims.

Thanks for the nice welcomes and kind words everyone!

I'd love to visit New Zealand one day, how lucky you are !

I think it's definitely a better place to visit than a place to live. I have a lot of photos that I took of the scenery here, so if you're interested in seeing them I'll give you the link.

Kia ora fellow Kiwi and welcome ;) I am no longer alone at the bottom of the world :blush: Sounds like a very good cause you're fighting for there ....will check it out.

Kia ora, ke te pehea koe? Finally, a forum where others will associate my name with something other than kiwifruit. Thanks B).

Kia ora, ke te pehea koe? Finally, a forum where others will associate my name with something other than kiwifruit. Thanks B).

Kei te pai :D

Lol. I didn't know that's what people thought when I said I was a Kiwi :blush: Though trying to explain we are named after a nocturnal, flightless, near blind bird that has a long sticky beak isn't very flattering either ;)

By the way, I've been trying to send private messages, or leave profile messages, but I don't appear to be able to do it. Is there a reason for this? Perhaps there's a minimum number of sent post for this to be enabled?

By the way, I've been trying to send private messages, or leave profile messages, but I don't appear to be able to do it. Is there a reason for this? Perhaps there's a minimum number of sent post for this to be enabled?

You need 10 in the book related forums, so not too many. B)

You need 10 in the book related forums, so not too many. :)

This is also explained in the FAQ, amongst other useful snippets of info. :)