Has anyone tried...

Redbush tea? - Rooibus (as drunk by Mma Ramotswe so I read even though I've not read the 1st book yet!)

I saw some on the supermarket shelf yesterday and thought I'd try it as it's caffeine free. One minute I think I like it and the next I'm not so sure, but I'm going to persevere and see how it goes as I like a hot drink, but don't like to much caffeine and am not keen on anything decaf!

I like Rooibos mixed with spices, as many of the "pure" blends taste like boiled grass more than anything else. But I do like it a lot!

I like Rooibos mixed with spices, as many of the "pure" blends taste like boiled grass more than anything else. But I do like it a lot!

What kind of spices do you use? I usually just put honey in it, but I'll try anything to get rid of the medicinal taste!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Yes, I drank this a lot when in Africa. It is a German drink, but as namibia is a German colony, they drink it a lot. I loved it. I keep meaning to buy some when I go shopping. I'm going to write it on my shopping list now for this week.

Please correct me if I am wrong but could it be that you confuse rooibus (redbush) tea with rose hip tea ? We used to drink that a lot in Germany as cooled down it tastes a bit like pop without the sugar and fizzyness. Up until two years ago I never ever heard of Rooibus tea. I used to love the rose hip tea but can't stand Rooibus tea unless it is the Tetley's vanilla version which is quite nice.

x

No, I only know it as Rooibos so I can't confuse it. There was a German woman in our team in Africa who was enthusiastic about how good it was, and I loved it, which is why I remember it, although I was wrong about it being German. It seems the Germans took it from South Africa, but for the same reason (Namibia and South Africa being German colonies) so I wasn't that wrong and it is still known in Germany. I know that.

Edited by Icecream

No, I only know it as Rooibos so I can't confuse it. There was a German woman in our team in Africa who was enthusiastic about how good it was, and I loved it, which is why I remember it, although I was wrong about it being German. It seems the Germans took it from South Africa, but for the same reason (Namibia and South Africa being German colonies) so I wasn't that wrong and it is still known in Germany. I know that.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to imply that you were wrong. It was just a thought as rose hip tea is very popular over in Germany.

x