Most valuable book

I think mine would be my copy of Norwegian Wood, which has both sentimental and monetary value. It's the boxed edition that comes in two volumes---one small red book and one small green book, both signed by Haruki Murakami---and resembles the original Japanese edition. Here's the Amazon listing with someone else's pictures of the edition.

Edited by Seiichi
Added link to pictures of the book

I don't have any valuable books in monetary terms, but I do have a most cherished book. It's my copy of Postcards From The Edge by Carrie Fisher. When I first started work (way too many years ago) I made friends with someone who recommended this book. I absolutely loved it, and we still quote phrases from it to each other. It's travelled to all the way around the world with me on various holidays, it's dog eared and has numerous coffee and cake stains on it, but it is the one I would most hate to lose.

I recently bought a copy of the Wizard of Oz illustrated by Graham Rawle. It's an absolute treasure, his photography is completely unique. Wonderful.

I also have an annotated copy of A Clockwork Orange from my A-levels which I love, and an annotated copy of Burton on Burton which - again entirely modern - is something I would never give away. I adore Tim Burton and this book is such a great insight into all of his films.

I have a copy of Heidi which is red hard-bound and falling apart, I don't know when it was published but it was presented to my mum when she was a little girl in 1967 by her local church. It's so lovely to hold, and is the oldest book I own (I am only 21!).

Probably my copy of Goblet of Fire. It's very battered, but it has history. It's a first edition (not exactly rare!) and I got it the day before it was released. As far as most valuable errr...I don't know. Unless a second edition of Prisoner of Azkaban is valuable

My most sentimental book is, I suppose, my mother's copy of Jane Eyre, it was sent to her by an Aunt in England for Christmas in 1937. It's a well loved, and well read copy. :friends0:

As far as most valuable, I guess my great-grandfather's books, he had a lot of different sets...history, poets, Gibbons, and I still have them in his glass-door bookcase. The bindings are beautiful, I hate to take them out too much as I don't want to get peanut butter on them, but I do on occasion. :irked:

I'm afraid I don't have many valuable books left monetarily-wise, thanks to an ex-downstairs neighbor who started a fire in my old apt building. I do have 2 signed first editions of Matthew Pearl's first 2 books however so maybe one day they'll mature in value.

Sentimentally-wise I have 2 old books of my dad's, King's Row and The Fountainhead. I also have a very old book on horses of my grandmother's, who was a great horsewoman herself.