Riding Icarus by Lily Hyde

kehs

I've just finished reading this book which I received as a Vine reader for Amazon. Here's the blurb from Amazon . . .

This is a magical modern fairytale set in Kiev, featuring a girl called Masha who lives in a flying trolleybus called Icarus.When rich Uncle Igor sends her mother abroad to work, Masha stays in Kiev and moves into an old, disused trolleybus called Icarus. But one night there is a terrible storm and Icarus takes off! Masha is transported to an enchanted place where she discovers that, on midsummer eve, she will be able to wish for whatever her heart desires. But will Masha be able to find the enchanted place again and work out her heart's desire in time? And will she make the right wish to bring her mother back home so they can escape Igor's clutches for ever.

. . . and here's my thoughts . . .

This story was inspired by the author

It's not released her until July. Mine is a proof copy from Amazon Vine. It is a fanatastic read, although reading other reviews there are some that would disagree with me. I can't wait to see the reviews once it's hit the shelves.

• 3 months later...