Keeper of Secrets is...here!

Hiya, everyone. My online name is Danielle, but you can call me that, Keeper, or even Ally, which is my real life nickname. I found this place through one of your members, Papermoon.

I'm 22 years old and live in Connecticut. As far as the books I read go, I think the most type of book I've read has been the Star Wars ones. I used to refuse to read anything but those books, basically.

Right now I lean more towards fantasy. I am currently reading The Giver, because my old high school English teacher let me borrow her copy 'cause she thought I'd enjoy it. I'm towards the end of a writing fiction class that it turned out she was teaching.

But, I have many other books I'm still trying to read, such as the His Dark Materials trilogy.

For books I've actually finished reading, I read the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series and loved it, though it's not really my primary reading (or writing) genre.

I also read the Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier, and I LOVED that trilogy. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Irish fantasy and stories based on old folktales. The first book, Daughter of the Forest, is based on the story about the brothers who are turned into swans.

And...I guess that's about it now, so hi. :D

Hi Danielle and :D

I have The Giver on my wishlist; I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

I love the fantasy genre but never seem to find the time to read as much as I'd like. The Sevenwaters Trilogy sounds interesting though - I might look that one up.

Hi Danielle and :D

I have The Giver on my wishlist; I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

I love the fantasy genre but never seem to find the time to read as much as I'd like. The Sevenwaters Trilogy sounds interesting though - I might look that one up.

I'm slowly reading it at the moment, because I no longer have the chance (well...I don't really -give- myself the chance) to sit down and really read for more than, say, fifteen minutes or something 'cause I don't ride the bus or rely on my parents for rides to school (my community college is thirty minutes away) any more. So far it's interesting.

And yes, the Sevenwaters Trilogy is awesome. I think Daughter of the Forest is probably my favorite of the three. And the author is coming out with a fourth book this November. :motz: Or at least that's what I read the last time I looked at her web site.

Thank you to everyone else for the welcomes.