Karin Slaughter

Guest jake

Finished reading Genesis last night and really enjoyed it, I liked the way she combined the Grant County series with her Will Trent series.

The only thing now is I'm going to have to wait ages until her next new book comes out! :icon_eek:

She's going on a book tour in America to promote the book over there, but it is called Undone instead of Genesis, I don't understand why they do that but never mind. I wish she would come and do some promotion work in the UK too at some point....

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished reading Genesis last night and really enjoyed it, I liked the way she combined the Grant County series with her Will Trent series.

Oooh, I'm so jealous - I can't wait to get hold of 'Genesis', especially once I'd heard about the combining. I love Will Trent, he is such a muddled sweetie. :icon_eek:

Yep, I liked Triptych, it was different from her 'usual' series of books - set in a different place with different characters so could easily be read without having read any of her others. It was a little bit gorey in places but not too much if your used to reading crime/thriller type books :D

I think overall I would have given it 9.5/10, it kept me hooked until the very end and I didn't have a clue what was going to happen in the end. I hope you enjoy it Ben :D

I have Triptych on TBR. :D

Me too.

Yep, I liked Triptych, it was different from her 'usual' series of books - set in a different place with different characters so could easily be read without having read any of her others. It was a little bit gorey in places but not too much if your used to reading crime/thriller type books :D

I think overall I would have given it 9.5/10, it kept me hooked until the very end and I didn't have a clue what was going to happen in the end.

Glad to hear it, I'm looking forward to it ;)

Yep, I liked Triptych, it was different from her 'usual' series of books - set in a different place with different characters so could easily be read without having read any of her others. It was a little bit gorey in places but not too much if your used to reading crime/thriller type books ;)

I think overall I would have given it 9.5/10, it kept me hooked until the very end and I didn't have a clue what was going to happen in the end. I hope you enjoy it Ben :D

Thanks, I'm looking forward to reading it now! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Karin Slaughter is my favourite author. I personally like the way I can feel for the characters. I had a break with ficton books for a while but I am going back to them and SKIN PRIVILAGE is next on my TBR pile. I know that once I have rea that one I will go out and buy the next ones. I have to go and buy the books in order of release if I have already started to read them like that.

As for Genisis. Dear god I can not wait. Just reading the posts is making me salivate! haha :lurker:

I loved Will trent as a Character and I was hoping that Karin Slaughter would bring him into some books in the future.

'Skin Privilege' is an absolute dynamite read, brilliantly written. If you like Karin Slaughter you will really appreciate this one.

As far as I know 'Genesis' is supposed to be a Will Trent/Grant County cross over book. I adore the character of Will Trent, so actually did a little happy dance when i heard this! :lurker:

'Skin Privilege' is an absolute dynamite read, brilliantly written. If you like Karin Slaughter you will really appreciate this one.

I picked this up the other day to read, then read the last page first :lurker:

Please tell me Jeffrey doesn't die?

That's the impression I got ;)

As far as I know 'Genesis' is supposed to be a Will Trent/Grant County cross over book. I adore the character of Will Trent, so actually did a little happy dance when i heard this! :lurker:

Yeah that was like me. I was like whooo hoooo. I found him different to other main characters I have read previously. I like the fact that there is still a lot to learn about him, yet I feel for him already. We learnt alot about his issues and the problems he faces and how he deals with them. I can't wait to see how his character grows.

I found him different to other main characters I have read previously. I like the fact that there is still a lot to learn about him, yet I feel for him already. We learnt alot about his issues and the problems he faces and how he deals with them. I can't wait to see how his character grows.

Totally agree. He is so complex, so endearing, so vulnerable. I tread the line between wanting to give him a long overdue maternal hug, and wanting him to investigate if I'm ever murdered! :lurker:

Oooooh I like OMGs. Reminds me of 'Blindsighted' that gave me alot of OMG's.

I think Blindsighted was one of my favourites too, the start of a great series. Not usual for the first of a series to be one of my favourites, I usually like it when the characters are more developed, but this one was great.

Totally agree. He is so complex, so endearing, so vulnerable. I tread the line between wanting to give him a long overdue maternal hug, and wanting him to investigate if I'm ever murdered! :lurker:

Oh I am with you on that!!!! Thats the amazing thing about books. I have this picture of him in my head about what he is like, and so do you. I love how the book shows him one minute to be vunerable yet in the next chapter he is strong, masculine, just god damn awesome!!

Roll on till I read Genisis.

We will have to compare notes! ;)

I think Blindsighted was one of my favourites too, the start of a great series. Not usual for the first of a series to be one of my favourites, I usually like it when the characters are more developed, but this one was great.

I agree I even had an idea on the character who was dead. Something I very rarely get.

I also agree with you chrissy Slaughter's way with her characters is for me her greatest ability. I never forget the charactors in her books they are like for me real people that I have meet on my journeys around the world. They do seem in so many ways real, with real issues, troubles and traits. If that makes sense.

I like that they are flawed. You don't get the feeling that Ms Slaughter worked her way down a character list, ticking character traits off as she went.

They are troubled and unreasonable, they have petty conflicts and doubts. These aren't placed in the books as plot devices, they don't forward the story in any way. Yet because of these negatives, and funny bits we have real characters, not ones gathered from a central character shop!

I like that they are flawed. You don't get the feeling that Ms Slaughter worked her way down a character list, ticking character traits off as she went.

They are troubled and unreasonable, they have petty conflicts and doubts. These aren't placed in the books as plot devices, they don't forward the story in any way. Yet because of these negatives, and funny bits we have real characters, not ones gathered from a central character shop!

I totally agree with you again!!

I remember I was sat in a starbucks/costa in Heathrow airport and I was reading the part about Will walking that dog and I was laughing so much that I forgot that I was in a coffee shop. I look around and see a bunch of tourists looking at me and laughing at me, haha :lurker:

I think that episode says it all really... Slaughter knows how to make a good characters.

• 2 months later...

Well now I can say that I am a fan after reading my first book Karin Slaughter book, Blindsighted recommeded by CW. Thank you CW.

I am now itching to read Kisscut!