Karin Slaughter

Guest jake

So pleased to see you enjoying the Slaughter books frankie, boy you're going through them fast! ;)

I have to say though, I didn't enjoy the later ones as much as the first lot, mind you, I may have read Skin Privilage before I should, I think I was supposed to read Triptych first :D

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So pleased to see you enjoying the Slaughter books frankie, boy you're going through them fast! ;)

I have to say though, I didn't enjoy the later ones as much as the first lot, mind you, I may have read Skin Privilage before I should, I think I was supposed to read Triptych first :D

It doesn't really matter, as it is the Will Trent series, I agree Skin P was a bit of a dissapointment, so was Fractured, but picks up with Genisis.

It doesn't really matter, as it is the Will Trent series, I agree Skin P was a bit of a dissapointment, so was Fractured, but picks up with Genisis.

If Skin Privilege was a bit of a disappointment for you, why are you so eagerly waiting for my view on it? ;) And Charm you have to remind me why Skin Privilege sounded so interesting that after reading your review on it I just wanted to read it immediately? Because I can't be bothered now, I'm yawning and I'm only 30 pages in :D I guess I'll give it another try today though..

If Skin Privilege was a bit of a disappointment for you, why are you so eagerly waiting for my view on it? ;) And Charm you have to remind me why Skin Privilege sounded so interesting that after reading your review on it I just wanted to read it immediately? Because I can't be bothered now, I'm yawning and I'm only 30 pages in :D I guess I'll give it another try today though..

I want you to read it because of the ending... thats all I can say.

Really? Did I make it sound that good? I thought I gave it about 6/10 which is just ok in my book. ;) I must have a look :)

I want you to read it because of the ending... thats all I can say.

I cant' say anything .. I'm still gobsmacked! :D

Edited by Charm

Really? Did I make it sound that good? I thought I gave it about 6/10 whick is just ok in my book. ;) I must have a look :D

I cant' say anything .. I'm still gobsmacked! :D

Yep.. Shocked is the word to use. But because I have read Genisis I have got used to the idea a little now. If that makes sense ;)

I have an idea of what might happen in the end, but that idea is not actually based on anything, it's just an awful and absurd guess and would definitely the shocked reactions you were describing. But I don't want to say what I'm guessing it could be. I'm now getting into the book, finally. No sign of Fractured and Genesis being bought to the library though :D

:D You two were not kidding, it was.... shocking. I did NOT see that coming. I had to read the lines one more time just to make sure I'd read them right and it was no joke. Now I definitely understand why you were so eager for me to read this book. I have to confess,

I shed a few tears =( I wish it had been Sara instead. I've grown to dislike her so much!! Jeffrey was a good man!

As for the book itself, I'd give it 3/5, meaning so far it's my least favorite. I think the story was told in a really great way, how the events shifted from past to present to past. And I didn't mind learning more about Lena, I think that part was great. Oh now I just realised that

Jeffrey was the only person who realised Lena's Mum was still alive and then he died so Lena has now way of knowing, we all know Hank's not telling anything. Oh my Hank, he's been such a wonderful person, taking all the blame for things he didn't do.

There's just so much I want to say about this book that I'm getting sidetracked all the time!! Oooh, do you think that

if Jeffrey had not gone to see Ethan Green in prison, he wouldn't have gotten killed?? Oh gawd it was so awful, them just getting a call that Sara&Jeffrey would get a baby boy... Argh!!

True Slaughter fans would not reveal THAT secret to a fellow reader under any circumstances, the shock factor alone has to be experienced individually!

I have loved reading Catwoman and Charm on here making sure you carried on reading despite your reservations! :D I couldn't wait to read your response.

True Slaughter fans would not reveal THAT secret to a fellow reader under any circumstances, the shock factor alone has to be experienced individually!

I have loved reading Catwoman and Charm on here making sure you carried on reading despite your reservations! :) I couldn't wait to read your response.

:D I'm glad my fellow Slaughter fans have not let me stray and made me keep reading this particular book (I've had no problem reading the others because they were gripping from the get go). United we stand!!

I have to say, the thing catwoman and Charm were hinting was even worse than I thought it would be, or more shocking. Which is saying a lot. I bow to the master of Crime Fiction that is Karin Slaughter :D

Edit: I've just checked with my library and they haven't ordered Fractured and Genesis yet. I can't really blame them, I've made them order so many books this year that maybe they've just run out of funds.

Edit: I just read this whole thread and someone had come up with a link where Karin Slaughter discusses why she made Skin Privilege's end the way she did: karinslaughter.com/letter . I love it how you have to go through a series of pages, clicking through "yes I've read the book and I understand it's a spoiler" to get to the actual letter. I got the feeling she's a really caring and committed writer who loves her characters like they were real actual people. It makes me respect Slaughter even more!

Edited by frankie

:D You're still able to talk I see frankie, you must be over the shock by now :D I have to say, like you, I had to re-read it over a couple of times to make sure I had read it right, not sure if the rest of the series will be the same for me now :) Not one of my fav books of the series either but catwoman assures me they get better again :)

:D You're still able to talk I see frankie, you must be over the shock by now :D I have to say, like you, I had to re-read it over a couple of times to make sure I had read it right, not sure if the rest of the series will be the same for me now :) Not one of my fav books of the series either but catwoman assures me they get better again :)

Fractured is not great. Well not for me, but I litrally starting reading it STRAIGHT after reading S.P so I was still in shock. But Genisis is A-MAZ-ING! I loved it,

I forgave Slaughter for everything she did in S.P.

Have you read the online part about how Sara and Jeffery met? That is sweet and I cried AGAIN when I read it haha.

• 1 month later...