Which next?

Davo

Hi I am new here and have just introduced myself. I have just finished reading

Engleby - Sebastian Faulks

I have 4 books in my possesssion that I have not read yet. Which should be next? Any of you read these books and have some comments to make

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

A Quiet Belief In Angels - R.J Elliot

The Woods - Harlan Coben

We Need To Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver

Cheers

I gave The Book Thief 10/10! I loved it.

I've also read We Need To Talk About Kevin. I think I gave that about 7 or 8 out of 10. I read it as part of a bookworms challenge on a different (non-book) website and it got very divided results - people either loved it or hated it. It had a bit of a slow start, I felt, but once it got going it was good.

I have A Quiet Belief in Angels on CD (it's one of my real life Bookworms reads for later in the year) but I haven't started listening yet.

So, in a long-winded way, I'd say go for The Book Thief next! :lol:

I vote for the Book Thief as its the only one I have read so far - think I rated it 9 or 9.5 out of 10.

I have A Quiet Belief In Angels & The Woods on Mount TBR and We need to talk is on my wish list so would be interested to hear what you think of any of them :lol:

Kx

'We Need to Talk' is excellent especially if you are a parent.

'Book Thief' also excellent.

Hmmm....

Or even if you're not! I'm not a mother and never will be, but I still loved this book because I sympathised completely with the narrator. A lot of readers said she was cold but I thought she was pushed into motherhood against her own wishes and I read it thinking, "See? This is what happens if you have children you don't want!"

Either way, it's a fantastic book, that's for sure. It's on my list of favourites. So far it stands at 30 books or thereabouts and whenever someone says, "You read a lot. What do you recommend?" I email them the list. I know, I know...sounds a bit strange but you wouldn't believe how often I get asked that. I'm known as a bookworm in my social circle and people come to me for recommendations frequently. Now if only I could be published as well as a bookworm...!

I'm one of the small minority who hated Kevin, but I've heard great things about The Book Thief so if those were on my shelf, I think that's the one I'd be most tempted towards. :lol:

The way you come across to me Prospero (if I may be so bold) is a bit like Jenny Eclair. If you haven't read her I recommend having a look. She has written 2 books :lol:

Are you wearing specs?

If so would you like me to hold them for you?

I'll be stood holding Prospero's coat anyway :lol:

Thanks for all the comments. This morning I took to work "The Book Thief". Read about 100 pages so far, different sort of book from what I normally read, but enjoying it very much. Think I am going to have a good time reading the book:)

The way you come across to me Prospero (if I may be so bold) is a bit like Jenny Eclair. If you haven't read her I recommend having a look. She has written 2 books :lol:

I used to bleach my hair. I sometimes wear glasses. I have a thing for scarlet lippy. And I take the wee out of absolutely everyone I meet, while refusing to suffer fools gladly. And she writes a bit, too.

Hmm.

I shall let you live, H&D.:lol: