Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think Jenny's goiing to marry Jack? :roll:

Well, it's Anna and Chloe mainly. But they think that they're very similar :smile2:

Well, I LOVED last night! The best this season IMO! And one of my faves overall. With most of the others, excluding Planet of the Ood, I've been disappointed in some way, but this one was great. Just as good as it used to be ^.^

I liked Partners in Crime, too, but it just wasn't special. I always like the first episode in the season the least...well, I liked New Earth, and I'm not saying that this Partners in Crime. Better than the Sontaran episodes and The Doctor's Daughter. It just didn't have that extra sparkle.

It was like a Poirot episode for juveniles with added silliness, but mildly entertaining. I did like Donna trying to secure the copyright for some of Christie's as yet unwritten books! Also her reaction to being called "the plucky young girl who helps me out"! :smile2:

I did think this week's episode was quite silly, but I liked it because of its silliness. I loved spotting the book titles (how they managed to work in "N or M") and Donna giving plotlines away - it did make me giggle.

Nothing to do with the champagne I'd had with tea. Honestly.

I was disappointed by this episode; slow and tedious, even the Doctor wasn't his tasty self I didn't think

What?! Never!

(Did you see him on Derren Brown? I don't mean literally on him...ooh, there's a thought...I mean, as a guest on his show)?

I saw him on Derren Brown's show! It was really good and David looked absolutely gorgeous. He seems to be such a nice bloke. I was really impressed by the end trick with the automatic writing.

If I'm going to be really honest, I don't think this series of Dr. Who is as good as Tennant's others.

This may be a dum question, but are they going to re-generate the Doctor this series?

I've quite enjoyed this series, overall.. I think they've all had high and low points.

As far as I'm aware, David Tennant is doing the Christmas special, plus 3 specials next year (there will no actual series) - no one knows beyond that.

I did hear that Catherine Tate is stopping after this series...?

I saw him on Derren Brown's show! It was really good and David looked absolutely gorgeous. He seems to be such a nice bloke. I was really impressed by the end trick with the automatic writing.

The stopping-someone-on-the-street-and-getting-them-to-draw-something was a load of old toot though. There's always a pretty good chance if you ask someone for a doodle they'll present you with a cat; it's a common enough thing.

He still looked hot though (David Tennant I mean...although Derren Brown does too). :welcome2:

The stopping-someone-on-the-street-and-getting-them-to-draw-something was a load of old toot though. There's always a pretty good chance if you ask someone for a doodle they'll present you with a cat; it's a common enough thing.

my mum said it's to do with prompts. She said somewhere on his way to meet darren brown or even in the room, there would have been a picture of a cat, looking just like that (didn't he have to move some paper? it was probably on that), and the same for the person he asked.

He did this trick a while ago where he got these people to do a poster for something, and he knew exactly what they were going to write because of all these prompts they saw without even realising it when they were in the car.

Yer mum's right! I saw that episode too. Fascinating stuff. Might even purchase the DVD of the series at some point and have me a Derren Brown binge!

He still looked hot though (David Tennant I mean...although Derren Brown does too). :welcome2:

He also said 'not a stick man or house' so that meant it HAD to be a cat really. Dogs are too hard and boats too obscure and I think these are the next things.

Anyway, who got the titles of the Christie books on Saturday? I got 16 did I miss any?

Anyway, who got the titles of the Christie books on Saturday? I got 16 did I miss any?

According to the mighty Wikipedia there were 21:

And Then There Were None

Appointment with Death

Cards on the Table

Cat Among the Pigeons

Crooked House

Dead Man's Folly

Death Comes as the End

Death in the Clouds

Endless Night

Murder On The Orient Express

N or M?

Nemesis

Sparkling Cyanide

Taken at the Flood

The Body in the Library

The Moving Finger

The Murder at the Vicarage

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

The Secret Adversary

They Do It With Mirrors

Why Didn't They Ask Evans

And Donna also mentions Miss Marple. :welcome2:

We got 16 of them too!

According to the mighty Wikipedia there were 21:

And Then There Were None

Appointment with Death

Cards on the Table

Cat Among the Pigeons

Crooked House

Dead Man's Folly

Death Comes as the End

Death in the Clouds

Endless Night

Murder On The Orient Express

N or M?

Nemesis

Sparkling Cyanide

Taken at the Flood

The Body in the Library

The Moving Finger

The Murder at the Vicarage

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

The Secret Adversary

They Do It With Mirrors

Why Didn't They Ask Evans

And Donna also mentions Miss Marple. :D

We got 16 of them too!

That's cheating!!!! :welcome2:

They mentioned Murder on the Orient Express? Blimey!

They mention Poirot too - right at the start they are asking her why he's Belgian.

The book we saw was 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd'. This was first published in June 1926. I think the episode was set in 1926 wasn't it?