Hancock and Joan

Spooncat

I got a @!#$% phone call that went on...and on...and on...

Bah! But it was from a friend who's ill at the moment so I didn't want to say, "Yeah, yeah, boo hoo - look, can you tell me what the doctor said later, 'cause Ken Stott's on telly?" Pfft. I spend my entire life cultivating the personality of a misanthrope and still people like me and want to talk to me! WHY???

It seems I'll have to buy a backlog of Rebus DVDs instead and lock the door, switch off the phone and stock up on munchies. Yeah. Rebus would be better, because it's set in my favourite city. :)

I was never keen on Tony Hancock I am afraid

Same here but I'm looking forward to the one this week - Trevor Eve as Hughie Green and the last one which is David Walliams as Frankie Howerd which looks great :)

The Harry H Corbett one was good but rather bleak

I see Frankie Howerd's sister has spoken out against that programme - said it focuses on her brother's homosexuality more than anything and so makes it appear as if that's ALL he was. I can see her point - there's more to a man than who he sleeps with. I haven't decided whether or not to watch it yet.

I saw it!

I thought Ken played Tony hancock great!

Quite agree he was excellent and deserves an award of some kind:D

I watched the Hughie Green one yesterday - not as good I felt although againt he acting was excellent -I never liked Hughie Green,,;)

• 6 months later...