Book Condition

No, its not weird. I love having all my books too. I just purchased a book shelf from IKEA in January and when I went to put some of my books on it, I noticed I was missing a Cecilia Ahern Book. I immediately rang my mum to see if she had it. She didn't so I asked my sister who swore she did not have it. My sister just found it in her attic last week, so happy!!!

Also, I did the same when I unpacked my books from the attic! Noticed I had a missing Harry Potter. Looked EVERYWHERE for it! Still haven't found it. :) Despair.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm the exact opposite of many here. I love old, used book and I take my books everywhere with me. This means that even the once I but new eventually ends up looking pretty battered. They are in my purse with the rest of my stuff and are bound to get dents and marks. I can by an old book where the pages look like they are falling out and have discovered that I actually prefer the old used bookshop before the regular one. I like to think of it as taking care of them ;P

• 2 months later...

I was just thinking about this, and wrote in another post that, I like to keep my books nice. I do lend mine out sometimes, and try to give them to only people I trust will not mistreat them. But I like them nice for my self, and also because I do lend them out. I don't want my friend thinking wow look how she treats her books! I just had one of my friends spill coffee on one of my books.. it was something that could have been avoided so it did make me mad, but I didn't let her know that. But now I probably wont lend that book out. It drove me nuts while I was reading it after that. I had taken the dust cover off so if it had just been on the cover.. I wouldn't have minded so much but it ran down the pages too! Oh well.

I love my books to be in good condition and I always read them without damaging them. Though I sometimes lend my books to others, I have one friend ho would never want to borrow one of my books, cause she always cracks or bends the spine on purpose, so she could read the book better.

My books often look non-read even though I have read them, others look read (cracks in the spine) because the quality of the book isn't as good and I couldn't help damaging it (which is quite annoying). Just a few books look really worn out, because I read them so many times over the years.

But generally I like my books to look pretty on the shelves :D