The Book Show

Esiotrot

I have been watching The Book Show on Sky Arts for a few weeks now and really enjoy it.

I love putting a face/ voice to authors I have read. However its a bit strange when your mental picture and the real person dont match.

Hearing authors discuss both their own and other authors work is revealing and inspiring, I especially enjoy hearing the books they wish they had written. Mariella Frostrup can be quite condescending at times - perhaps its just her general manner - but I still love the show.

They have a website http://thebookshow.skyarts.co.uk// which has a great link to their you tube channel which has over 200 short interviews with authors.

Anyone else watch?

Kx

I don't have that channel on my tellybox so I have to rely on YouTube to see the author interviews. I particularly like 'The Write Place'. I love seeing where authors write and thought Iain Banks's tour around his office was funny, and Jacqueline Wilson's was another favourite.