New Books magazine

On the back of today's Guardian review is an advert for 'New Books' magazine. Aimed at readers and reading groups. Does anyone subscribe?

It looks interesting but the reviews are short. You can send off for a trial copy which I am going to do. The website is a bit dull at www.newbooksmag.com. It's a bi monthy magazine and not too pricey at

On the back of today's Guardian review is an advert for 'New Books' magazine. Aimed at readers and reading groups. Does anyone subscribe?

I subscribe, and have done for a couple of years now. :D I love it - it's great.

They also offer cheap books with every edition. I recently bought The Welsh Girl by Peter Ho Davies for just the price of p&p - £2.95 delivered, iirc.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you lot think of it?

See once 6 issues are up can you stop it?

Sorry - I've only just read your PM to me about this. Yes, you can. :cry2:

I missed out on resubscribing (I don't have Paypal and did the first subscription through a friend's account) and they wrote to me twice and the second time said they wouldn't bother me again because they don't like badgering people.

It was just that I'd been disorganised and I resubscribed by cheque. I look forward to my magazine - I think it's very interesting and I love the book club reviews at the end. :lol:

I would love a copy to have a look as I am considering subscribing but unfortunately my printer is out of action so cant print off the form :blush:

Any more opinions? Think I might just subscribe.

Kx

I'm perfectly certain that if you email them with your details and explain you have no printer, they'll send you a free copy.

My Mum also subscribes (but through U3A and she shares her copy with the other members, otherwise we'd share) and she emailed them with a problem and they were exceptionally friendly and helpful. It's worth a go.

• 3 weeks later...