Michelle's 2006 Reading Blog (Jan - June)

Michelle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh.. Labyrinth is ready for me to pick up at the library!!

Enjoy it - it's excellent.

if anyone's interested in buying it, Waterstones is currently offering the paperback half price, so it's only

I'm tempted to go down there and pick one up (any excuse to go to Bluewater! lol) That way I don't have to worry about how thick it is, and when it needs to go back! Oh hang on.. Waterstones website is basically Amazon.. do you know if they have it in store, Kell?

I'm enjoying it so far.. I just hope that, being such a big book, it keeps up all the way through, and doesn't start dragging.

Well, the Waterstones in Aberdeen has plenty copies, so I'd assume that most of their branches would - do you have one near you? And I'm certain it'll be available via Amazon, though I haven't chacked how much they're charging...

... I'm really enjoying Labyrinth.. the characters and story are so well written. :reading:

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I loved this one & really hope she carries on in the same vein with future books. Not necessarily the same kind of story, but I like her style a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just read Origin In Death, and have quite mixed feelings... at the beginning I was quite disappointed, but then Robb starts to tell quite a story. I ended up really enjoying the storyline, but the 'magic' wasn't there with the characters. Is was starting to creep back in however, and the plotline for Murder In Death looks promising, so that's coming my way now. :D

Somewhere, at some point, I spotted The Magicians' Guild by Trudi Canavan, and decided it looked good, so I ordered it at the library. I picked it up today, so it's my next to read.

I'm at that funny stage again, where nothing is really grabbing me. I'm not in the right frame of mind for Magicians' Guild, but I may persevere because it's a library book. I took 'Host' to football, and that was enjoyable enough. And now I have Paradise from Kell, and I want to read it along with her.

I may end up reading which ever appeals to me at the time, and see how I get on.

In addition, I've finished Savage, and am about to move on to Ascension - that one gave me a good insight into why Clay is the way he is with Jeremy. :D

Well, I'm going to get Magicians Guild out again at some point. I've read Savage and Ascension, and really enjoyed them. They'll be moving onto Inanna next. :typing:

I ordered Memory In Death from Bol, because I was too impatient with my library (and now I know my memberships is fulfiled). It arrived today... and then I found out the library book was there! :roll: However, that means I now have a brand new copy to put on ebay - they usually sell well, and there aren't any others there atm! :D

So that's next...

• 2 weeks later...

After Memory In Death I'm having a funny time settling with something..

..I've read 'The Hellbound Heart'.. it was ok, but not too impressive.

..I have a book that's been sent to me by the authors. It's aimed at 10 - 12 year olds, I believe, but she said adults seem to enjoy it too. So far I'm not convinced.. I would really like to get the opinion of a child for them, but I'm also interested to see how it develops. http://www.j-a-k.com/

..I have 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' from the library, but I'm sure the style is going to hold me.

..I started 'The Other Boleyn Girl' because it was calling to me, and I have to say, that's the one that's gripping me most!