Michelle's 2006 Reading Blog (Jan - June)

Michelle

Tooth Fairy certainly has me hooked. The author does seem to have strange ideas about sex...

It's kind of compelling, isn't it? Some of the scenes feel almost wince-worthy, but you still can't look away...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a book! You have to 'go with it' instead of trying to dissect and understand it too much. I still say that the author has issues with sex, because the way he wrote those sections was just odd.. almost as if he hated it.

Trace turned up this morning, so I guess I should move on to that one now.

Ok, so Spirit seems to be veering away from 'predictable', so that's good. For some reason I'm not enjoying it quite as much as I should.. I think I enjoyed all of Kelley Armstrong's books so much, and then Odd Thomas, that nothing else is quite matching up right now.. iykwim?!

Child in Time has gone on hold for now, which is a shame, as I was enjoying it.

Devil In Grey is good, but I'm not sure if it's just a gory horror story, or if there will be more to it.

Then I have my 2 library books to pick up! Thanks for giving me a nudge to look into my library more, Inanna, and online ordering.. looks like when the system works, I can save myself some money! :D

Well... I'm not sure how long I'll get to keep the library books, and American Gods is so long.. so I started Forever Odd tonight. I'm not sure if I'll read both at the same time. Plus I desperately want to keep on with Child of Time....

Too many books, not enough time... :D

You can always get them out again if you don't finish them by the due date, 'Chelle. Whenever I get to the library, I take out a huge pile & then end up taking the last one or two out again when I take the rest back - LOL!

Forever Odd was good, but the ending disappointed this time round.. whereas with Odd Thomas, I thought the ending was really good.

Finished Child Of Time last night.. an easy book to read, but some interesting concepts, and the 2 tales are well interwoven.

I love my library.. now I have more authors to look out for, I've just realised there's loads there! :D

I've just picked up Famine by Graham Masterton, and Regina's Song by David and Leigh Eddings. I've read a fantast book of theirs, which I really enjoyed. This one is described as 'part mystery, ghost story and psychological thriller'.

Oh.. and I got Gothika to watch too! :reading:

I took Famine back today - disappointing stuff.

I've picked up Isaac Asimov's Caves Of Steel, as I enjoyed Child Of Time.

I saw Labyrinth on the shelf, but it was on hold for someone else. Looking on my elibrary, I'm 3 of 4 waiting for it. The ladies there also said they'd had a message through saying how popular it was.

We got chatting, and I told them about the forum, and left a little flier with one of them. They've also said it's ok to leave some leaflets there. Kell.. did you get round to making anything leaflet sized? :reading:

Not yet - I haven't been able to increase the graphic size enough without it blurring, but I could do something along the lines of what's on the homepage with the graphic size increased just a little if you fancy. :reading: