Bookmarks!

Michelle

My new bookmark just arrived today its on a metal stick type thing and it has my full name on it, so when I put it in a book my name dangles over the spine with beads and charms on it, it is currently in my peter andre book which I had signed yeesterday :D

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new bookmark just arrived today its on a metal stick type thing and it has my full name on it, so when I put it in a book my name dangles over the spine with beads and charms on it, it is currently in my peter andre book which I had signed yeesterday :D

That sounds really nice where did you get it from ? if you don't mind me asking:)

Does anyone know any good websites where you can order/look at bookmarks? I can never seem to find anywhere that sells them, so I was thinking online might be my best bet.

I made two page-corner bookmarks today as an experiment and I rather like how they turned out. These are my first attempts, but I plan on doing more with different decorations.

greenwithbutterflies.th.jpggreenwithsun.th.jpg

And in case anyone is wondering, they are being modeled on my copy of Bleak House by Charles Dickens. :D

I figure this would be the perfect alternative for all those people who keep turning down the corners of their pages. Instead of turning them down, you pop something pretty on them and your pages don't get damaged. :irked:

Does anyone know any good websites where you can order/look at bookmarks? I can never seem to find anywhere that sells them, so I was thinking online might be my best bet.

Hi Ben, ebay is a good place to start, that's where I have bought most of mines and book~shops :D

Edited by Weave

I am currently using my two of my Roald Dahl bookmarks (Matilda & The BFG, two of my favourites books by Roald Dahl, I also have 'The Twits', 'James and the Giant Peach' and 'The Enormous Crocodile' :D

rdmatilda.jpgrdbfg.jpg

Those are gorgeous Paula, where did you get them from? I'd love to get a few to go with my Roald Dahl collection of books :irked:

Love the corner bookmarks Kell, was thinking of making a few a while back but forgot about it, must dig out my scrapbooking stuff and make a couple :D

Those are gorgeous Paula, where did you get them from? I'd love to get a few to go with my Roald Dahl collection of books :irked:

:D

Hi Lexie 3.gif I got mines from Waterstones, this site Here :roll: sells them too:lol:

Kell, that's a great idea and those models you made are simply fantastic, I love the colours! :irked: I wonder how they stay on, though? Won't they slid off easily?

The book itself, once shut, should be sufficient to keep it in place. It's shaped like a flattened cone so it hooks right onto the corner of the page on both sides. You can make them bigger or smaller as you like. The two I made are both from 4" squares which is a pretty good size. :D

I have one special bookmark that I don't use, because I'm scared I'll lose it. So it stays on my bedside table. It's a silver Celtic one bought for me by one of my best girl chums when we graduated.

I have a spider and a frog bookmark too, but most of the time, it's bits of old envelopes, shopping lists or bookmarks from the library.