Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a dream last night that I had made about 500 bookmarks out of yellow cardstock and small black and white pictures glued to the tops. It's almost inspired me to just make them, even though I've never made bookmarks before.

Oooh, Paula! I'm not a massive Twilight fan, like some of you people - a lot of you people in fact! However, I have to admit the bookmarks look quite snazzy.

Also, Roxi, give it a shot! No harm in trying. :lol:

Oooh, Paula! I'm not a massive Twilight fan, like some of you people - a lot of you people in fact! However, I have to admit the bookmarks look quite snazzy.

Thanks Ben, I do like the book covers of the saga and I love bookmarks, so it works :lol:

I am currently using my Twilight bookmark ~

I have that one too, and an Edward one that my sister sent me - I've got the Twilight one in my posh collectors edition of Twilight and the Edward one is stuck in the middle of Eclipse.

I also got a gorgeous Amy Brown bookmark this week which has a sweet little fairy charm hangingfrom it :lol:

I had a dream last night that I had made about 500 bookmarks out of yellow cardstock and small black and white pictures glued to the tops. It's almost inspired me to just make them, even though I've never made bookmarks before.

HaHa Echo :lol: You were a rather busy girl the other night making all those bookmarks. What prompted such a dream, I wonder? They sound lovely, though. :irked:

I also got a gorgeous Amy Brown bookmark this week which has a sweet little fairy charm hangingfrom it :irked:

Oh I love Amy Brown bookmarks, I have a few, they are so pretty :lol:

The lovely lady in Foyles gave me a pretty purple bookmark depicting a person with their nose stuck in a book the other day, it's currently lodged in the copy of Helene Hanff's "84 Charing Cross Road" that came with it.

You are all going to draw in a sharp breath but I earmark my pages.

Always have done and always will and I refuse to feel bad about it :D

Oh my, I am crying for your poor books! A colleague and I caught another colleague doing that today! Criminal! Why do it Kimmy, you could have so many pretty bookmarks :D

You are all going to draw in a sharp breath but I earmark my pages.

Always have done and always will and I refuse to feel bad about it :D

That's sacrilege :D

You should make your own - I got a load of blank chipboard bookmarks and prettied them all up :blush:

I do have a few really cool bookmarks, but I find that when I'm switching books midway, I often forget where they are til I pick that book up again.

My name is Katrina and I dog-ear my books:cry2: Whispers "help me", is there a twelve step program? :D

Actually, its only my old ratty paperbacks that I got at thrift stores that I turn down!

I do have a few really cool bookmarks, but I find that when I'm switching books midway, I often forget where they are til I pick that book up again.

My name is Katrina and I dog-ear my books:cry2: Whispers "help me", is there a twelve step program? :D

Actually, its only my old ratty paperbacks that I got at thrift stores that I turn down!

Just keep scraps of paper/receipts/etc to hand to put in when you can't find a bookmark, that's what I was doing until my Dad gave me a lovely handmade thai one with pressed flowers on it. I do have a lovely dragonfly one, but it's metal with jewels on and it was getting ruined where I was carrying my books back and forth work.

A while ago I bought a whole lot of beads so I could make my own 'book thongs'. I wasn't able to make them at the time because I didn't have thread that was the right thickness. Happily, on the weekend I found a bead shop that sells hemp thread and I think I've finally got the right thickness. When I start my holidays soon I'm planning on making at least a few. :lol:

A while ago I bought a whole lot of beads so I could make my own 'book thongs'. I wasn't able to make them at the time because I didn't have thread that was the right thickness. Happily, on the weekend I found a bead shop that sells hemp thread and I think I've finally got the right thickness. When I start my holidays soon I'm planning on making at least a few. :D

:lol: Kylie, by book thongs you probably don't mean those underwear thingies? I'm so sorry for the off-topic but I can't get the image out of my head!

Oh, I do have on-topic agenda as well. BF's friend makes jewellery herself and this one time I asked my BF if she makes bookmarks as well. BF suggested it to her and she sounded a bit sceptic at first but after some thought she told my BF that her GF is a genious :lol: She's made me one now, I think she'll be mailing it to me soon :lol: Can't wait to see what it's like!