LOST Series 4

Nici

Did anyone watch lost last night?

I'm really enjoying this season! I just can't wait to find out

who the oceanic six are and how did Kate end up with Clare's baby and why is she telling everyone that he is her son? And why Jack is just letting everyone think that Aaron is her baby? What do the people on the boat want Ben for? And what happened to the helicopter if it didn't get back to the boat?

So many questions!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I'm fed up going to other forums, and reading moans about the show.. especially about how they feel they're watching a different show this series, and they're not getting answers yet.

With a long running show, I don't think you can expect to see the same thing over and over.. each series is going to change. To me, each series have already been very different.. the first was all about the characters, and the basic island mythology. The second was all about The Hatch, and the third was about Dharma (well, basically, anyway).

If you read the article that I mentioned earlier, this one is going to be about the people getting off the island, what happens to them all etc.. to me, we're going to back to more character driven episodes, and I quite like that.

And this is Lost, so of course we're not going to get answers yet.. we have two more series to come yet.. plenty of time. :D

Anyway, ranting over.. what do people think about that ending..

does Claire die, or does Kate snatch Aaron?

The guy with the cards.. my thoughts were that it was a simple memory check.. he'd recently looked at the cards, and was having trouble remembering them.. which would explain his reaction when he saw the TV coverage of the plane wreck, cried.. but couldn't remember why he was crying. But, some people seem to think that there's more to it.. that he was predicting, or maybe remembering them from a long time ago. Thoughts?

The next episode is apparently about more

time travel

issues.. I hope I'm not going to get confused!

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed last night's episode.. as we went to the last commercial break I was SO confused! lol Then, it all made sense. There's specualtion as to whether Jin is dead, or if he's left on the island, and Sun has to make it appear he's dead. Personally, from the way she was acting and talking when she went to the grave, he's dead. And it was all rather emotional!

I'm also quite glad we don't get the trailers over here for next weeks episode.. some people are saying that they give too much away. I get the impression, however, that it's about..

how Michael ended up on the boat.

Then we sadly have a few weeks break (3 or 4, I think), then it's only back for 5 more episodes! :blush:

I guess the gravestone would have been put up by someone when the plane (with all the bodies) was 'found'. Jin would have supposedly died on the day of the crash, hence the date on it. However, I honestly thought that Sun really was grieving for him.

There is certainly a cover-up regarding Jin, as to whether he's alive, alive and on the island or dead on the island, who's to know?

I enjoyed last night's episode too. Despite finding out O6 member number 5, we still have more questions than answers.

Seeing Michael on the boat was no surprise was it? #would be good if he's not Ben's informant, or if he actually isn't Michael.

Damon Lindlelof and Carlton Cuse (the producers of the show) apparently confirmed a while ago in one of their podcasts that Aaron wasn't classed as one of the Oceanic 6 although I don't listen to the podcasts so can't confirm that.

My guess is that the 6th one is Michael and he's the one that ends up in the coffin that we saw in the Season 3 finale flashback.

Damon Lindlelof and Carlton Cuse (the producers of the show) apparently confirmed a while ago in one of their podcasts that Aaron wasn't classed as one of the Oceanic 6 although I don't listen to the podcasts so can't confirm that.

My guess is that the 6th one is Michael and he's the one that ends up in the coffin that we saw in the Season 3 finale flashback.

That's a very popular theory but I'm not sure it sits well with me.

I know the article said he left a teenage boy and Michael is the only one that fits that, but it all seems too pat. Surely they would have wanted a little more mystery than 'It must be Michael, he has a teenage son and may have killed himself due to what he did. Also the reason there was nobody at the funeral'

Do you know what I mean about it all being too easy?

If you look closely at Jin's gravestone he died September 22nd 2004 so it looks like to all intents and purposes he died the day of the crash, but like you say Michelle, it will be interesting to find out what the real story is.

Ahh - well spotted. It was very clever that whole birth/death thing on Sunday, wasn't it?

I don't remember seeing a coffin at the end of Season 3 - can someone remind me what that was all about please?

I am still hoping Sawyer survives...pleeeease....

PS So glad to discover a Lost thread here...excellent!! :)

Remember at the end of series three when Jack and Kate were in the very first of the flash forwards?

Well during that period, Jack went to a funeral parlour to view a coffin. There was nobody else there and it was commented on.

Jack had read about it in a newspaper clipping which was shown briefly and wasn't 100% clear.

Here's a link to tell you about it all

• 1 month later...

Oceanic 6

Are we all ready for the return of Lost on Sunday?! :) Does anyone know how many episodes we have this time?

ETA: Oh no! According to Lostpedia, it's noton in the UK until 4th May? And that's despite the fact that's it's tomorrow in the US/Canada! How comes we have to wait an extra week??

• 2 weeks later...

I'm counting the minutes too! According to some comments I've seen from some who have already seen it, it's a rather good episode!

Without me running off to look it up, does anyone know how many episodes are left this year?

Without me running off to look it up, does anyone know how many episodes are left this year?

I believe there are 14 hours of Lost this season, with a 2 hour finale which airs May 29th (US). So there are 13 episodes (or 14 if you count the 2 hour finale as two seperate episodes) with episode 9 airing this week in the UK.

So we only have 6 episodes to go (including tonight's)?

On the subject of tonight's episode, I thought I had a good handle on time lines etc, but I'm a bit lost (haha) now! Was that

after they got off the island, but before Sayid's previous episode, where he was shown to be an assassin for Ben?

Did Ben use some sort of time travel, to get the Sahara.. because of the way he was seen 'arriving'?

And why on earth did they nor insist he explains the smoke monster?? We NEED to know! lol

(I've used spoilers, just in case someone has recorded it, and not watched.)

• 3 weeks later...

I've found the last few episodes rather confusing, but tonight's was just great.. it's all coming together, and I can't wait to see how the '6' are rescued, considering they're spread so far. I wonder if we'll have lots of deaths?

Sayid and Nadia was wonderful, and Jack finding out about Claire was amazing!

How am I expected to wait until next Sunday?!!

Double episode next Sunday I think

And we're now up to speed with the Americans so can look at things online without fear of spoilers (I think)

So, Sun and Aaron on the plane, Sayid and Kate with Peter Pan (Richard is it?), Hurley with Ben, Jack with Sawyer. Blimey! Odd to think it's those six

And did anyone else notice how Jack's Mother looks like an older version of Kate? Oedipal