Torchwood 2

wiccibat

I thought last night's episode, "Adam", was quite good. It started off a bit dull but got better. It was a neat reversal to have Owen infatuated with Tosh, instead of the other way round as normal! I also liked the bit near the beginning, where Gwen didn't recognise Rhys, and the insight into Jack's childhood.

I still have a problem with the character of Ianto, though. I thought his role in Torchwood was supposed to be security and that he was basically a ruthless killer when necessary, yet when he sussed out Adam he didn't do anything, and merely waited for Adam to attack him. It seems that his role is merely to be Jack's toyboy, waiting around to have his hair ruffled and being otherwise useless. :lol:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I really liked it.. the bit I found funny was when Jack was being all god-like, when they were searching for their memories - how without him, they'd be nothing. Arrogant little thing! lol

IIt seems that his role is merely to be Jack's toyboy, waiting around to have his hair ruffled and being otherwise useless. :lol:

And what's wrong with that?! :roll:

woo torchwood rocks!!

I saw the first one, have taped the second but not yet got round to watching it, totally missed the third, saw a bit of the fourth (pre-watershed), all of the fifth and sixth (proper version) and then the pre-watershed version of 5 again today.

I love them all :lol:

Ooh, I saw it! It was wicked!!

Do NOT view this spoiler unless you have watched episode 6, Reset. The one with Martha in (I know that's kind of a spoiler, but it was on the advert)

Can't believe Owen died! I was watching it like, "no, he can't die, he can't die...

No, wait...he CAN'T die. They have to find a way around it!!

[Admin Edit: That is a BIG spoiler, so don't look if you've not seen!! Michelle]

I watched Reset last night, then went straight to BBC3 to watch the next episode, and I thought they were both pretty good.

The ending of Reset was excellent, even though I knew it was coming (I'd stupidly peeked at the above spoiler!) - I actually had tears in my eyes! It was great to see Martha again, although she did seem a little too confident.

Next episode:

Unfortunately I lost 10 minutes of this whilst taking a phone call, and I believe there was a bit of a jump in the script. Apart from this, I really loved it.. Owen was creepy, and it looks like next week's epiode is going to be good.

The only problem is, Beth watched Reset, but I now think that it's getting a little too much for a 9 year old (she's quite sensitive) - I'm going to have to watch the Thursday episode next week, to see what they cut out.

How did others find either episode? (Please spoiler anything about the BBC3 episodes, in case some aren't watching.)

I was surprised by the ending of Reset, but I felt absolutely nothing, which just goes to show that I've never really bonded emotionally with any of the Torchwood characters. (Compare this to when Buffy had to kill Angel, when I sobbed my heart out!) I just kind of thought, "Oh well, whatever".

It was nice to see Martha again, I always liked her character.

Ooh, did anybody watch episode 7? It was so cool! Can't wait for next week!

heehee, my mum told me they killed Owen "before" I'd watched it. In actual fact, I'd watched it twice; once on BBC3 and once on the Wednesday XD:lol: So I had to pretend she'd spoilt it XD XD

Ooh, did anybody watch episode 7? It was so cool! Can't wait for next week!

heehee, my mum told me they killed Owen "before" I'd watched it. In actual fact, I'd watched it twice; once on BBC3 and once on the Wednesday XD:lol: So I had to pretend she'd spoilt it XD XD

I saw it!

It was so creepy.

Spoilers (Don't read if you haven't seen episode 7

Dead man walking

):

OMG Owen was so freaky!! His eyes were like the host on Dr Who (Tooth and claw) . Aww but he was so nice saving everyone.

It was so obvious he had a connection with the weevils when he got bit by one in episode 11 series 1 Combat.

That glove was so obviously the evil one of the two it was so much darker and the fingers were like claws!

Ok that was long :D

Sorry about that

It was ok but I found it quite slow compared to Dead Man Walking.

Next week's looks fantastic!

I read about it in the Torchwood magazine.

It's Rhys and Gwen's wedding. Gwen's pregnant with an alien baby :D which the mother is coming to find her and rip her to pieces. Rhys is so annoyed at Jack for runing his wedding and as far as I can remember punches him.

Hmm. It was OK, I suppose. As someone pointed out, why were they about to do an autopsy when he got shot in front everyone? The cause of death was hardly a mystery, was it?

Last night's (BBC2) episode was so dull I nearly nodded off. OK, so being dead/undead/whatever sucks, but I got that in the first 10 minutes. Did they have to labour the point for the next 40 as well?

I'm sorry, I'm not usually so callous (honestly!), but I just can't bring myself to care too much about Owen's character.

I thought the best bit (which I saw coming), was his frustration when he went to perform mouth-to-mouth on Richard Briers and couldn't save him because he didn't have any breath. That part was moving. So was the bit about the girl's husband being killed just after the wedding. The rest (about Owen) was just boring.

And I thought Jack was particularly callous when Owen, in the depths of despair, ran into the water to try and kill himself and Jack merely timed how long he was down there! (And what is it with this guy and stopwatches?!)

Torchwood had better improve, because I really want to like it but I'm just finding it so dull. :lol: