Torchwood 2

wiccibat

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching James Marsters doing a bad boy with an Adam Ant look going on.

What could be better? Jack Harkness and Spike, yum!

Cpt Jack, Spike AND Adam Ant???

I can't believe I missed it! I shall have to get hold of the new episodes very shortly and get all caught up...

Always a pleasure to see James Marsters, even if his character was just Spike with dark hair! (Not a bad thing, actually.)

In fact, he was the best thing about the episode, as the others were acting in their usual stupid ways. :)

The trailer after the episode - did that show the whole series? Cos it looks like "Spike" will be returning. :lol:

Well I'm in a huge minorty, because I didn't find James Marsters at all sexy (although my mum did! lol).

As for the actual series, I just sit back and enjoy it, without studying it too hard.. kinda like Dr Who.

Mind you, I think I must miss some of the 'story', from studying Jack so hard!! :)

I don't think it's that they're all gay, I think it's more that (if I can quote slightly incorrectly from season one) that they'll go for anyone, male or female, if they're hot? I know it was mentioned during the Dr Who behind-the-scenes stuff that in jack's case, he's from a future where people tend to go for people not men or women. I kinda like that they're redressing the balance a bit. I have a LOT of gay friends who feel that they're under-represented in the media (although I have just as many who don't feel one way or another about it at all). Relationships on TV are predominantly (not all - it's changing a bit now to make for steamy plotlines in various soaps) traditional male/female couples. Now that it's become generally accepted to be open about your sexuality, it's changing bit by bit.

Its not that, its the fact that toshiko has had a fling with a woman(alien?) and Ianto had a long term relaitionship with a female toaster.

Its all a bit odd, its not the fact that they are involved in a same sex relationship - its the fact that they all swap back and forth. Jack excluded as he's from the future.

I dont see this as promoting equal rights amongst different sexualities, I dont think this even came into the equation. Its shock value. If they wanted to do that then they would have a same sex monogonous couple who lived in harmony.

Instead we get a group of people who jump accross the fence when it pleases them (ooo err misses).

Except jack.

He's from the Future.

I agree that Torchwood goes for shock value, especially in series 1. They promised an "adult Dr Who", and decided that the way to achieve it was to include numerous sex scenes and random gratuitous swearing. Adult TV was thus achieved! :006: I've read that the gratuitous sex/swearing will be toned down this series. Neither bothers me, btw, it's just that when it does nothing to further plot or character development, and is simply thrown in for the shock value, well that's when it annoys me.

If you feel like living dangerously, pop over to the SFX forum and utter the magic words "Russell T Davies has a gay agenda". Then stand well back and watch the furore. :welcome:

Er, do you mean the bit where she had the metal contraption on her head?

They were doing a risky "mind probe" as Jack was convinced she was an alien, and was managing to hide it. The mind probe would reveal this (which it did), provided her head didn't explode first (eww!).

Did anyone watch the Torchwood Declassified thing last night? It was quite an interesting 10-minute look behind the scenes. When

Jack fell from the building

last week, I never thought of the poor stunt guy having to be lowered on a crane! He deserves a medal. There were lots of nice bits with James Marsters chatting, too. However, the spoiler-shy should beware, as it did show quite a few scenes from future episodes, including

"Jim Robinson from Neighbours" as an apparently evil doctor!!

:welcome:

Ah, the reduced humour would probably be down to a lack of James Marsters. Did you ever watch him as Spike in Buffy/Angel? Absolutely hilarious. ;)

I suppose the subject matter in the second episode didn't exactly lend itself to humour either. I felt really sorry for the woman. :(

Ah, the reduced humour would probably be down to a lack of James Marsters. Did you ever watch him as Spike in Buffy/Angel? Absolutely hilarious. ;)

No i didn't watch him in Buffy, wihs I had though :(

I suppose the subject matter in the second episode didn't exactly lend itself to humour either. I felt really sorry for the woman. :(

Mmmm....... She was really strange anyway I thought, even as a human!:)