What Is A Book Tour???

NikkiJayne

I had the same question when I first saw it on Twitter 😅. It's because they aren't using the term as it's usually used - when an author tours around different book shops to promote their new book. When it's on Twitter, they usually seem to mean that the book is going to "tour" different people's blogs. So there will be a list of bloggers who will all post their reviews of a new book (and sometimes author interviews, I think) on set dates. You sometimes see people refer to it as a 'book blog tour' instead.

And if it's not that then I don't have a clue!

It could be a virtual book tour, ie when an author pops up on various people's blogs, or themed blogs or websites ie a crime fiction website, to talk about ie promote their new book.  I think it probably started during lockdown, when the shops were shut so they had to do a virtual tour instead.

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

I had the same question when I first saw it on Twitter 😅. It's because they aren't using the term as it's usually used - when an author tours around different book shops to promote their new book. When it's on Twitter, they usually seem to mean that the book is going to "tour" different people's blogs. So there will be a list of bloggers who will all post their reviews of a new book (and sometimes author interviews, I think) on set dates. You sometimes see people refer to it as a 'book blog tour' instead.

And if it's not that then I don't have a clue!

Yes this is what I worked it out as in my head.. but I like to read what I want and although I would like join a book club where we all read the same book and chat over a coffee either face to face or virtually 

On 1/29/2023 at 7:43 PM, NikkiJayne said:

Yes this is what I worked it out as in my head.. but I like to read what I want and although I would like join a book club where we all read the same book and chat over a coffee either face to face or virtually 

We are trialling a different kind of book club this year where we set a theme, rather than a specific book, every 3 months. You can choose any book that fits the theme. The current one is ‘stream of consciousness’ (you can find it here if you’d like to join in: https://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/topic/17408-the-bcf-book-club-part-1/#comment-519085 )

Or you can wait and suggest your own category at the end of March 😄