New Year Celebrations?

Hayley

What is everyone doing for New Year’s Eve? Do you go out? Do you celebrate it differently now than you used to? Are you ignoring it and going to bed at your usual time? 😄

I’m planning to use it as an excuse to read until midnight, getting a good start on my 2023 reading challenge 😁.

38 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I will be doing my usual, ignoring it and going to bed at my usual time. New year is important here in Scotland but I just can't be bothered.

Substitute France for Scotland and I'm doing exactly the same!

41 minutes ago, lunababymoonchild said:

I will be doing my usual, ignoring it and going to bed at my usual time. New year is important here in Scotland but I just can't be bothered.

Same.

I do have a four day weekend and want to get my reading year off to a good start too so I may stay up a little later than normal to get some additional pages read. Don't think I'll be up till midnight though; I'm an early to bed, early to rise person and going to bed at midnight would catch up with me at some point. 

Pretty much ignoring it, will probably be in bed with my book, although I suspect the fireworks will keep me awake for a bit.  I used to go out and celebrate it, then it got too expensive so it was round to people's houses, then gradually people seemed to lose interest and do their own thing, or nothing at all.

Edited by Madeleine

Wife and I will celebrate New Year's Eve at home this year. We will have some hor dourves, mainly shrimp with cocktail sauce and a cheese dip that my wife makes that is really good (velveeta cheese and a can of Rotel Tomatoes). Wife will have some German Riesling and I will have some Kendall Jackson Chardonnay.

Happy New Years to everyone om the forum!!

• Like 1