Alan Grant of 2000 AD

KEV67

I read a really great tribute to Alan Grant in this week's 2000 AD comic. I thought it was done really well. Judge Dredd goes in to arrest a man name Gaunt, which was actually a joint pseudonym for Alan Grant and another writer who I will have to look up later. Gaunt tells Dredd that he could do him, but that he never really liked him. He preferred the law-breakers to the law-enforcers. Then he makes his escape having shape-shifted into one of his favourite characters.

2000 AD is not as good as it was, but Judge Dredd is still good, and from time to time there are other good strips. I think their heyday was in the 80s. I caught the tail end of it in the early 90s. 

It has been so long since 2000AD started that it's founders have started dying off. A couple of years ago, artist Carlos Ezquerra died, now Grant. 

Edited by KEV67

I see Kevin O'Neill has died too. I think I remember his name. He was an artist. It was him who got artists credited on the strips. Before the artists were anonymous. His colleagues really did him proud on the Christmas issue of 2000 AD.