2022 Update - Any Questions?

Hayley

7 hours ago, willoyd said:

I've been trying to use Verdana font.  The code I used to use was <font="verdana"> (I think square brackets used to work, but can't remember now!). 

I suspect that's now old hat, so have looked at using variants on 

<style="font-family:verdana">  using different combinations of brackets etc, as don't know how the <> button actually works - but none work.  So I'm really trying to find out how <> works, and what I can do to change font if I want to (I'm tempted not to bother actually - the default is perfectly good enough, but am now curious!).

I'm curious as to why it stopped working too - I'll let you know when I find out!

On 10/28/2022 at 12:05 PM, willoyd said:

I've been trying to use Verdana font.  The code I used to use was <font="verdana"> (I think square brackets used to work, but can't remember now!). 

I suspect that's now old hat, so have looked at using variants on 

<style="font-family:verdana">  using different combinations of brackets etc, as don't know how the <> button actually works - but none work.  So I'm really trying to find out how <> works, and what I can do to change font if I want to (I'm tempted not to bother actually - the default is perfectly good enough, but am now curious!).

Okay, so the answer is that the code you were using has been disabled and is soon to be removed completely because it's an old option. There are potentially a couple of options for font changes now, if you want me to look into it, but it sounds as though you're happy to switch to the default font anyway?

23 hours ago, Hayley said:

Okay, so the answer is that the code you were using has been disabled and is soon to be removed completely because it's an old option. There are potentially a couple of options for font changes now, if you want me to look into it, but it sounds as though you're happy to switch to the default font anyway?

Thanks Hayley.  I'll just stick with the default font (although it would be interesting to know how to do things!).

6 minutes ago, willoyd said:

(although it would be interesting to know how to do things!)

There isn't a way to do it right now. The two options would involve me activating new ways of changing fonts, either by re-activating the old code (but that would eventually stop working again with future updates) or by setting up a new drop-down menu for font options.

23 hours ago, Hayley said:

There isn't a way to do it right now. The two options would involve me activating new ways of changing fonts, either by re-activating the old code (but that would eventually stop working again with future updates) or by setting up a new drop-down menu for font options.

From my point of view, don't bother then. Sounds like a lot of work for little if any gain. Fun having one's own font, but that was when it was straightforward!  Thanks for all the info.

Edited by willoyd

• 2 weeks later...